San Francisco, CA
Team Overview Clarify’s Finance team is looking to expand by adding an individual who is excited to jump into a fast-paced environment where roles are loosely defined. This accounting position includes bookkeeping, monthly closes, financial statement preparation, and all of the standard finance and accounting duties but the individual in this role is expected to go above and beyond these technical skills. We are looking for someone who can stay on top of new accounting principles and take on new projects while thriving in a team environment. We are a small group that enjoys what we do and are excited to be growing!
We are looking for someone who is an eager problem solver and is excited to become one of the first finance team members of a rapidly growing startup. This individual will not only get the opportunity to help develop the core accounting processes of the company, but also will be fully involved in generating financial projections for the BOD of a startup that is looking to change the healthcare industry.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information
- Prepares accounts receivable invoicing and accounts payable processing
- Generates payroll & reviews expense reports
- Maintains fixed assets, amortization, prepaid expense schedules
- Assist with monthly close
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls
What we are looking for
- We are a small team, still in the early phases of startup growth. As such, we are ideally looking for “all-around athletes” with strong leadership, analytics, and communication skills. We are also looking for new team members who will be a solid fit with our culture and have a strong passion for impact.
- 2-4 years of experience in accounting/finance (CPA preferred)
- Experience in cloud-based accounting and software packages (NetSuite, Bill.com, Expensify)
- Familiarity with filings (1099s, tax returns, etc.)
- Experience with journal entries, bank/credit card/investment account reconciliations
- Attention to detail, deadline oriented, driven
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.