Director of Clarify Health Institute
San Francisco, CA
Clarify Health is looking for colleagues who want to help build an exciting and transformative digital
healthcare company. A strong cultural fit – entrepreneurial; resilient; optimistic; generous and fun-
loving – is critical to success in this role.
The Clarify Health Institute (CHI), a subsidiary of Clarify Health, is the research-focused arm of our
organization. CHI focuses on a wide range of health-related interest areas such as care journey
optimization, health economics, and behavioral science. Its mission is to aid health care leaders and
organizations in developing a deeper understanding of the industry’s evolving dynamics. CHI’s output
will ensure that Clarify Health maintains its thought leadership in the industry, providing a fact base
through which to enable better decision-making across key stakeholders. Armed with Clarify Health’s
class-leading data and analytics platform in the industry, the CHI team collaborates with our Academic
Advisory Board and external partners who include leading health care economists, population health
experts, and clinical/research leaders to design and drive cutting-edge research.
- The CHI Director will maximize the productivity of the research team by coordinating a team of Associate(s) and/or Scientific Writer(s), and liaising with external advisors, and research groups.
- They will be responsible for a range of roles, including (but not limited to):
- Manage junior team members to maintain forward progress across key research projects
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g., Data Science, Development) and external advisors/KOLs to design and conduct Clarify-led research projects
- Drive the publication of journal articles, manuscripts, white papers, blogs on a regular basis
- Evaluate and develop novel methods for assessing clinical care variation
- Partner with and actively support external organizations’ research using Clarify data/solutions
- Work closely with Marketing to build relationships with external organizations (e.g., media, scientific journals) to publish CHI research and insights in top-tier arenas
- Coordinate the activities of existing research partners (e.g., academic institutions) to ensure their needs are met
- Attend conferences on a regular basis to increase CHI’s visibility and develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Identifying opportunities for broader revenue-generating commercial relationships and linking relevant contacts with Business Development as appropriate
- Apply for private and public research grants, as applicable
What we are looking for
- We are a small team, still in the early phases of development. As such, we are looking for new team members who have the right background and experience to ramp up quickly. We are also looking for new team members who are a solid fit with our culture and passion for impact.
- In particular, the CHI Director would ideally have:
- Passion about making a difference in healthcare
- Proven project management skills to organize, plan, and prioritize research from ideation and design, through initiation, and ultimate publication
- Educational background in healthcare and/or research (e.g., MD, PhD, MPH) a plus
- 5+ years of professional experience (e.g., relevant experience at a top-tier consulting firm,
- hospital, academic institution)
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate with senior researchers and scientific experts to identify interesting and relevant research questions that push the field forward
- Excellent synthesis skills to extract meaningful insights from data
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal and written
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with team members all levels
- Willingness to contribute to building an energetic and exciting organization
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.