Associate Director of Business Development
San Francisco, CA
TEAM OVERVIEW: The Business Development team drives Clarify’s growth by capturing new market opportunities and expanding relationships with existing customers. Clarify’s Business Development team does this by identifying, mapping, and prioritizing these opportunities, and supporting the development of new offerings as required. The team then builds meaningful, long-term relationships with prospective customers and partners to understand their needs, proposes the solution to meet these needs, and leads the end-to-end execution of deals. Once the customer is using the Clarify solution, the Business Development team takes on a more account management perspective to ensure customer success and identify opportunities to grow each account.
The Associate Director of Business Development will play a critical role in driving Clarify’s strategic partnership and commercial activity. This role will require a creative problem-solver who has strong analytical and interpersonal skills and can operate effectively in a startup.
- Working with Clarify’s senior leadership team to develop a revenue growth strategy and identify high-potential customers
- Proactively identifying and prioritizing opportunities for Clarify’s growth
- Researching the external landscape to understand the details of the products and services provided by Clarify’s competitors
- Leading select strategic business development projects, including partnership conversations
- Building strong relationships with senior members of prospective customers to facilitate the sale of Clarify’s solutions
- Creating compelling and insightful communications documents to support sales and commercial activities
- Lead the end-to-end deal execution, from identification and prioritization of potential customers to business case development, to financial assessment, to transaction structuring and negotiation, to facilitating the completion of contract documents
- As relevant, contributing to development and enhancement of the Clarify platform, especially based on inputs and feedback from customers
- As required, supporting Clarify Health in other business-critical activities, including financing and clinical transformation efforts
What we are looking for
- We are a small team, still in the early phases of growth. As such, we are ideally looking for “all-around athletes” with strong leadership, analytics, and communication skills. We are also looking for new team members who will be a solid fit with our culture and have a strong passion for impact.
- Passion for making a difference in healthcare
- Experience with developing and maintaining senior client relationships
- Ability to understand and respond to customer needs and identify opportunities for the Clarify solution to meet those needs
- Comfort with software and ability to quickly ramp up and give product demonstrations
- A strong entrepreneurial, self-starter spirit with a drive to work independently
- Advanced Excel skills, including building pro-forma models
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and ability to distill critical insights
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years of relevant experience in client-facing roles in healthcare (e.g., top-tier consulting or financial services firm)
- Relevant graduate degree (e.g., MD, MBA) a plus
Please note that, given the nature of this work, some travel may be expected.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.