Sr. Software Engineer - TPA
San Francisco, CA
TEAM OVERVIEW Our Software Engineering team members focus on delivering web and mobile-based software solutions to our hospital, health system, and payer clients. These positions are ideal for Software Engineering team members who have experience in all phases of the design, development, testing, and deployment of enterprise software solutions.
The Senior Software Engineer will focus on delivering web and mobile-based software solutions for use by our internal TPA operations team and for our hospital, health system, and payer clients. This position is ideal for a software engineer manager who has experience in all phases of the design, development, and deployment of enterprise software solutions, both from a management and individual contributor perspective. This position will focus on our TPA (Third Party Claims Administration Platform) business unit, which is dedicated to claims adjudication and commercial bundle management.
- Contributing to development and enhancement of the Clarify platform, which is used by physicians, hospital staff, patients, and our internal teams.
- Collaborating closely with (and in some cases, managing parts of) our in-house and outsourced development teams to extend a platform and build new features focused on receiving, validating, adjudicating, and paying claims
- Designing and implementing database designs, backend API’s, and front-end components
- Developing solutions that account for scalability and optimize performance
- Evaluating new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvements
- Advocating best practices and coding standards
What we are looking for
- We are a small team, still in the early phases of startup growth. As such, we are ideally looking for “all-around athletes” with strong leadership, analytics, and communication skills. We are also looking for new team members who will be a solid fit with our culture and have a strong passion for impact.
- Passion for making a difference in healthcare
- 5+ years of software development experience, management experience a plus
- Hands-on experience with AngularJS, Angular, Node.js, and PostgreSQL
- Experience with charting frameworks such as D3.js and Highcharts
- Good understanding of CSS preprocessors such as Less, Sass etc.
- Familiarity with bundling tools such as Webpack, Gulp, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration platforms such as CircleCI
- Familiarity with platform services such as Heroku, Azure, Amazon, etc.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Willingness to contribute to building Clarify with energy and excitement
- Major plus is experience in healthcare claims management and adjudication
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.