Data Operations Manager
San Francisco, CA
The Data Engineering team at Clarify Health is at the core of powering our platform – proposing, prototyping, and deploying product features powered by machine learning and statistical analysis. This is made possible by our investment in significant data assets, including longitudinal claims and clinical data for several million patient lives, paired with patient-generated data we collected through our platform. Data Engineering team members are responsible for helping to create and implement deep analytical solutions utilizing leading-edge technologies and operational excellence.
The Data Operations Manager will will oversee the development and ongoing operations of our data business delivery. This role will work closely with engineering, product and operations teams to deliver data on a daily basis to dozens of customers. This job requires experience in data operations management and software development life-cycle management with a keen ability to work with many internal teams for secure and scalable delivery.
- Creating and managing a platform that tracks all data source ingestion and delivery.
- Data ingested from governmental, commercial, reference, social determinants, clients and program sources
- Data that is distributed to programs (data pipeline, data science), products (Prism, Pilot-Connect, Claims Adjudication Platform) and clients
- Frequency includes on-demand, daily and periodically
- Creating and maintaining a visible dashboard that ensures the proper receipt/delivery as well as all in-between statuses for internal teams and applicable products
- Incorporating best practice safe handling for all sensitive data; helping to develop these best practices for HIPAA compliance and SOC2 reporting
- Being the expert on where data originates, how they are mapped and utilized in our products, and ultimately what value data delivers to our customers
- Working with partners, prospects, and internal stakeholders to understand data management and data science needs, and transforming them into requirements for our offerings – in conjunction with data product management team
- Helping customer-facing teams to support implementations and customer usage – in conjunction with data product management team
What we are looking for
- We are looking for experienced “all-around athletes” with strong leadership, analytics, and communication skills. We are also looking for new team members who will be a solid fit with our culture and have a strong passion for impact.
- In particular, the Data Operations Manager would ideally have:
- Passion for making a difference in healthcare
- 3-5 years of professional data management and operations experience
- 3-5 years in software development life-cycle management
- 1-2 years of healthcare experience, ideally involving data
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and help with support and data analysis tasks on an as needed basis
- Willingness to contribute to building Clarify with energy and excitement
- Experience in data mapping, data cleaning, ETL or SQL a major plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.