Director of Clinical Transformation
San Francisco, CA
TEAM OVERVIEW: The Clinical Transformation & Implementation team at Clarify Health is the customer-facing arm of our organization. We sit at the intersection of product and operations, engaging with our customers to successfully implement our solutions and ensure their success on the platform moving forward. Our team works closely with all levels of our customer’s organization as well as Clarify’s internal engineering team, developing and executing the final rollout plan and taking ownership of product adoption across the customer's organization.
The Clinical Transformation Director will focus on leading the effort to deliver impact at our hospital/health system, physician group, and payer clients. This position is ideal for a former consultant or hospital operations lead who is looking to switch into an entrepreneurial, mission-driven environment. It will require a creative problem-solver with strong analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills who can operate effectively in a startup.
The Clinical Transformation Director will drive impact at customers through the successful implementation and sustained use of our solutions and services.
The Clinical Transformation & Implementation Aspects of the Role
- Oversee implementation and execution, serving as primary customer lead
- Manage and coordinate the internal team (e.g., engineers, analysts, data science) to execute on deliverables and timeline, ensuring high quality of client-facing materials and analyses
- Engage with clinicians and organizing meetings/workshops to support the change management process
- Work closely with customers to identify opportunities for improvement and configure software
- Oversee and providing training and capability-building of customers
- Build the growing Clinical Transformation team, including interviewing, hiring, and training Associates / Business Analysts
The Business Development / Account Managment Aspects of the Role
- Build strong relationships with senior leaders at existing and potential customers, including serving as thought partner and advisor
- Identify opportunities to continue and/or expand our support of existing customers
The Product Managment Aspects of the Role
- Ensure customer feedback is translated to the engineering team
- Work closely to inform and shape the continuous improvement of Clarify’s platform
- Oversee efforts (e.g., focus groups) to gather relevant input on product design
The Strategy and Sales Aspects of the Role
- Engage with internal executive leadership to shape critical strategic decisions for Clarify’s future
- Support our sales team by overseeing the creation of clinically compelling and insightful communications documents generated from Clarify’s analytics
- Represent Clarify at important industry events and conferences
What we are looking for
- We are a small team, still in the early phases of startup growth. As such, we are ideally looking for “all-around athletes” with strong leadership, analytics, and communication skills. We are also looking for new team members who will be a solid fit with our culture and have a strong passion for impact.
- In particular, the Clinical Transformation Director would ideally have:
- Passion for making a difference in healthcare
- Relevant graduate degree (e.g., MBA, MD)
- 9+ years of professional experience (e.g., relevant experience at a top-tier consulting firm, hospital, or payer)
- Ability to manage teams and engage in setting organizational strategy
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and ability to distill critical insights
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Willingness to contribute to building Clarify with energy and excitement
Since we are a small but rapidly growing team, there will be several opportunities for high-performing team members to further define their roles and stretch across Customer Success, Account Management, Product Development and Business Development.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.