Business Development Resource Lead
San Francisco, CA
Team Overview: The Business Development Resource (BDR) team fuels the revenue engine for Clarify by creating business opportunities through collaborative account planning, inbound and outbound prospecting activity, and conference support. The team is solely focused on finding and developing new customer relationships in an effort to qualify new business opportunities. This work includes account research, organizational mapping, and executing on key business development campaigns to prospective leads and customers via phone and email outreach.
As a Business Development Resource Lead, you will set and execute against a strategy to hunt new business within defined territories and business verticals. Ideal candidates should be eager to advance in our organization by demonstrating your ability to be a tenacious self-starter and grow into a People Manager in the short-term.
- Use core business tools (Salesforce, Pardot, LinkedIn, etc.) to research and map prospective customer organizations
- Identify key targets within an organization for campaigns and direct engagement
- Actively engage and connect with prospect targets using email, phone, and social platforms
- Work closely with the broader business development sales team to accelerate the sales cycle
What we are looking for
- We are a small team, still in the early phases of startup growth. As such, we are looking for self-starters who are hungry to learn with strong research and communication skills. We are also looking for new team members who will enrich our culture and have a strong passion for impact.
- 5-7 years of inside sales experience (management experience is a plus)
- Proven track record of success prospecting for new business
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to understand customer needs and meet that need with key Clarify solutions
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Enterprise prospecting experience a plus
- Experience selling into Healthcare Sector a plus
- Experience being held to sales metrics a plus
- Experience using Salesforce CRM and/or Pardot a plus
What’s in it for You:
- The opportunity to lead and eventually build out a team charge with generating new business opportunities to fuel our growth
- Work closely with Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by developing world-class relationships
- Partner with our experienced commercial team to identify and develop qualified, early-stage pipeline
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up, communications designed to increase customer interest in Clarify products
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling, conference attendance)
- Conduct high-level conversations with senior executives in prospect accounts
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business
- Solid Base Salary + Collaborative Team Commission
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.