Software Engineer, Back-End
San Francisco, CA
TEAM OVERVIEW Our Software Engineering team members focus on delivering web and mobile-based software solutions to our hospital, health system, and payer clients. These positions are ideal for Software Engineering team members who have experience in all phases of the design, development, testing, and deployment of enterprise software solutions.
The Back-End Software Engineer will focus on delivering web and mobile-based software solutions to our hospital, health system, and payer clients. This position is ideal for a software engineer who has experience in all phases of the design, development, and deployment of enterprise software solutions.
- Contributing to development and enhancement of the Clarify platform, which is used by physicians, hospital staff, patients, and our internal teams
- Collaborating closely with our clinical transformation team to build new features
- Designing and implementing database designs and backend API’s
- Developing solutions that account for scalability and optimize performance
- Evaluating new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvements
- Advocating best practices and coding standards
What we are looking for
- We are a small team, still in the early phases of startup growth. As such, we are ideally looking for “all-around athletes” with strong leadership, analytics, and communication skills. We are also looking for new team members who will be a solid fit with our culture and have a strong passion for impact.
- In particular, the Software Engineer would ideally have:
- Passion for making a difference in healthcare
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier college/university
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Hands-on experience with Node.js, Redis, and PostgreSQL
- Experience with continuous integration platforms such as CircleCI
- Familiarity with cloud platform services such as Heroku, Azure, Amazon, etc.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Willingness to contribute to building Clarify with energy and excitement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.