Director of Business Development
New York, NY
TEAM OVERVIEW The Business Development team drives Clarify’s growth by capturing new market opportunities and expanding relationships with existing customers. It identifies, maps, and prioritizes these opportunities, and supports the development of new offerings as required. The team builds meaningful, long-term relationships with prospective customers and partners to understand their needs, develop solutions, and leads the end-to-end execution of deals. Once the customer is using the Clarify solution, the Business Development team takes on a more account management perspective to ensure customer success and identify opportunities to further grow each account.
The Role: The Director of Business Development will play a critical role in driving Clarify’s strategic partnership and commercial activity on the East Coast. This role will require a creative problem-solver who has strong analytical and interpersonal skills and can operate effectively in a startup.
The Director of Business Development will have multiple responsibilities, including (but not limited to):
- Proactively identifying and prioritizing opportunities for Clarify’s growth
- Leading select strategic business development projects, including partnership conversations
- Building strong relationships with senior members of prospective customers to facilitate the sale of Clarify’s solutions
- Creating compelling and insightful communications documents to support sales and commercial activities
- Lead the end-to-end deal execution, from identification and prioritization of potential customers to business case development, to financial assessment, to transaction structuring and negotiation, to facilitating the completion of contract documents
- As relevant, contributing to development and enhancement of the Clarify platform, especially based on inputs and feedback from customers
What we are looking for
- We are a small team, still in the early phases of growth. As such, we are ideally looking for “all-around athletes” with strong leadership, analytics, and communication skills. We are also looking for new team members who will be a solid fit with our culture and have a strong passion for impact in healthcare.
- In particular, the Director of Business Development would ideally have:
- Passion for analytics and making a difference in healthcare
- A strong entrepreneurial, self-starter spirit with a drive to work independently
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and ability to distill critical insights
- Experience with developing and maintaining senior client relationships
- Ability to understand and respond to customer needs and identify opportunities for the Clarify solution to meet those needs
- Comfort with software and ability to quickly ramp up and give product demonstrations
- Advanced Excel skills, including building pro-forma models
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years of relevant experience in client-facing roles in healthcare (e.g., top-tier consulting or financial services firm)
- Relevant graduate degree (e.g., MD, MBA) a plus
- Willingness to contribute to building Clarify with energy and excitement
Please note that, given the nature of this work, some travel (20-30%) may be expected.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.