Development Operations Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
TEAM OVERVIEW Our Development Operations (DevOps) Software Engineering team members focus on optimizing build and production environments in support of our software solutions to our hospital, health system, and payer clients. These positions are ideal for DevOps Software Engineering team members who have experience in all phases of development operations, production operations, and security administration.
The Development Operations Software Engineer will focus on optimizing build and production environments in support of our software solutions to our hospital, health system, and payer clients. This position is ideal for a software engineer who has experience in all phases of development operations, production operations and security administration.
- Contributing to development and enhancement of the Clarify platform, which is used by physicians, hospital staff, patients, and our internal teams
- Collaborating closely with our platform software for release management
- Designing and implementing products and tools in support of continuous integration (CI), environment creation, optimization and management
- Supporting the team in production operations support, monitoring tools, and related security administration
- Developing solutions that account for scalability and optimize performance
- Evaluating new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvements
- Advocating best practices and coding standards
What we are looking for
- We are a small team, still in the early phases of startup growth. As such, we are ideally looking for "all-around athletes" with strong leadership, analytics, and communication skills. We are also looking for new team members who will be a solid fit with our culture and have a strong passion for impact.
- In particular, the Development Operations Software Engineer would ideally have:
- Passion for making a difference in healthcare
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier college/university
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Hands-on experience with
- Strong scripting skills using PowerShell, Python, Bash, or similar tools
- Systems administration and automation in Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Node.js and Redis environments
- Understanding of AWS, Azure or other cloud-based infrastructure
- Familiarity with 24x7 enterprise environments
- Experience with continuous integration platforms such as CircleCI
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation/configuration management tools
- Windows administration and/or general IT skills a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.