New York, NY
The Sales Director will be a part of Clarify's Sales Team. The individual will be responsible for driving Clarify’s top-line revenue in either the Payer, Provider or Life Sciences vertical. The role will require a self-starter, professional and creative problem-solver with strong logistical, organizational, and interpersonal skills who can operate effectively in a startup. The Sales Director is expected to develop and execute a territory sales plan, progress and close deals through contracting, and coordinate sales efforts with strategic Payer/Provider/LS partners.
This individual contributor position is responsible for generating business at new accounts and expanding business at existing accounts within a specified territory. It is a mix of pure hunting/direct selling and joint selling by leveraging and developing relationships within the Payer/Provider/Life Sciences ecosystem. Candidates will demonstrate a proven track record for solution selling of technology solutions and building trusted relationships with customer decision makers and partners.
- Proactively approach the market targets through active networking in industry and community organizations
- Identify/develop key strategies for specific customers and market segments
- Develop and maintain strong, trusted and mutually beneficial relationships with other Clarify Health Sales Directors and work cross functionally with the broader Clarify team
- Learn and understand business and technical requirements of clients in order to sell effective solutions that drive business value and have a clear ROI
- Establish and maintain relationships at all client levels, including C-suite
- Manage all phases of the sales cycle, including business development, lead identification, qualification, scope construction, proposal development, client presentations and contract negotiation
- Meet and exceed services booking quotas
- Accurately forecast and deliver on sales within a specified US sales territory
- Actively pursue and hunt for new business opportunities within existing accounts as well as identify and win new logos
- Network within the industry, market, and accounts to identify new opportunities
- Understand the customer's business model, growth objectives and customer experience strategy while positioning offerings and expertise to assist in accomplishing those goals.
- Effectively orchestrate Clarify Health’s key areas of expertise throughout the sales process.
- Understand competitive landscape and properly position Clarify’s differentiators to win pursuits. Build, maintain and strengthen trusted client relationships to ensure an ongoing relationship with the customer.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with the channel partners to drive opportunities and maintain alignment during and post sales cycles.
- Requires overnight travel and a significant amount of time on the road to prospect/client meetings
- Daily updating of Salesforce for all sales activities
What are are looking for
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 10+ years experience complex services sales, solution selling, strategic accounts selling in the relevant healthcare segment (provider, payer, life sciences)
- Candidates with prior experience in healthcare analytics or SaaS are highly desirable
- Strong communication and persuasion skills
- Proven track record of successful solutions-oriented sales
- Strategic account planning and execution skills
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding quotas
- Passion to introduce and drive disruptive solutions to help customers evolve and transform healthcare
- This is a direct sales role. Superior communication skills (both for internal and external clients), very strong leadership qualities, and team-oriented approach to selling is essential
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.