Senior Director of Business Development (Life Sciences)
New York, NY
TEAM OVERVIEW The Business Development team drives Clarify’s growth by capturing new market opportunities and expanding relationships with existing customers. It identifies, maps, and prioritizes these opportunities, and supports the development of new offerings as required. The team builds meaningful, long-term relationships with prospective customers and partners to understand their needs, develop solutions, and leads the end-to-end execution of deals. Once the client is using the Clarify solution, the Business Development team oversees the account relationship to ensure customer success and identify opportunities to further grow each account.
The Senior Director of Business Development will play a critical role in driving Clarify’s strategic partnership and commercial activity in Life Sciences. This role will require a creative problem-solver who has strong analytical and interpersonal skills and can operate effectively in a startup.
- Proactively identify and prioritize opportunities to grow Clarify’s business with Life Sciences clients (biopharma, medical device, and CROs)
- Build strong relationships with senior executives and key decision makers at prospective clients to facilitate the sale of Clarify’s solutions
- Create compelling and insightful communications documents to support sales and commercial activities
- Lead the end-to-end deal execution, from identification and prioritization of potential customers to business case development, to financial assessment, to transaction structuring and negotiation, to facilitating the completion of contract documents
- As relevant, contribute to development and enhancement of the Clarify platform by providing input on customer unmet needs and use cases
What we are looking for
- We are looking for individuals with a deep understanding of and existing network in the healthcare industry, an analytical approach to problem solving, and client management and organizational skills. We are also looking for new team members who will be a solid fit with our culture and have a strong passion for impact in healthcare.
- Passion for analytics and making a difference in healthcare
- B.A. or B.S. degree (preferred discipline in biologics sciences, engineering, biostatistics, health economics or similar)
- 8+ years of experience in client-facing roles of increasing responsibility, delivering technology products, services or analyses to life sciences companies (e.g., pharma/biotech, medical devices or CROs)
- Track record of success in developing long-term business relationships with biopharma and medical devices companies, and experience owning high-profile client relationships
- A strong entrepreneurial, self-starter spirit with a drive to work independently
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and ability to distill critical insights
- Ability to juggle multiple client interactions and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Understand and respond to customer needs and identify opportunities for the Clarify solution to meet those needs
- Comfort with software and ability to quickly ramp up and give product demonstrations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing strategies that leverage real-world clinical data
- Direct experience collaborating with HEOR, Data Science, R&D professionals
- Relevant graduate degree (e.g., MD, MBA, MPH)
Please note that, given the nature of this work, travel (20-40%) will likely be expected.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.