Cloud Solution Architect - Senior Principal (AWS, Azure)
SL : Cloud
Do YOU have a passion for working with Data? Do you love working in machine learning, real-time analytics, or Big Data? Interested in learning and utilizing different technologies without limitation? We are looking for a Data Expert that will help our clients evaluate and implement big data and advanced analytics solutions in the Cloud and on-premise. At Clarity Insights, we specialize in providing Data & Analytics expertise that result in real and measurable business outcomes. We are passionate about data, problem solving and driving value to make a difference with our clients.
The ideal Solution Architect with AWS or Azure grew into a SA role from a background as a developer, data wrangler, and in some ways a Systems Performance tinkerer. All of our SAs have to make decisions affecting continuous deployment in DevOps with Chef and Puppet, developing web and mobile scale-out apps using Memcached or Redis, RDBMS (MySQL, AWS Aurora, Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server) and/or NoSQL (DynamoDB, MongoDB, and Cassandra), data stores, building use cases and implementing big data analytics with technologies like Hadoop, Spark, REDSHIFT…
An SA is not born overnight. They have a broad background across technology stacks with specific hands-on skills. They do build architectures across network, storage, operating systems, virtualization, RDBMS & NoSQL databases, Hadoop, mid-tier apps that include application integration, in memory cache and security.
There’s no way you can do this job as a one trick pony. The right SA with AWS or Azure, etc, is someone who has been there and done that in software and technology sales and consulting. You should be able to think strategically and talk to a wide variety of people in the business and in the IT organization. You should comfortably be able to create technical definition around customer objectives (‘why are we doing this and what is the end result we will achieve specifically with these tools?’), and be able to develop solution strategies, motivate those who are new to the modern technologies, and know how to mobilize resources to deliver results. 100% of our teams are domestically based since we are a US company with offices in Chicago, NYC, Charlotte, and Redwood City, CA.
You must be self–motivated with a proven track record of delivering results in software/technology sales or consulting. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, create technical definition around customer objectives in complex situations, develop solution strategies, motivate & mobilize resources, and deliver results. The ability to connect technology with measureable business value is critical to a solutions architect.Many times towards the end of the projects you need to assess and recommend self-paced learning for the teammates who work for our clients who will carry on what you designed. It’s part of your mission to feel comfortable that they are getting it and can continue to be successful. We don’t build purposely overly complex systems that only we can understand. There are no names or numbers on the backs of our jerseys – it’s one team, one project, one outcome – Success!
What will I be doing every day?
- Help the sales team to design solutions for customers, drive AWS/Azure or other Cloud tech adoption and revenue.
- Establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on the AWS or Azure platform.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS/Azure SA community.Author or contribute to AWS or Azure customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, tutorials, etc
- .Present sessions at conferences
- Technical liaison between customers, service engineering & support teams.
- Role requires approximately 75% travel.
Basic and Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree and 7+ years of work experience
- 7+ years design & implementation experience with distributed applications
- 7+ years in Cloud engineering
- 5+ years experience in networking; infrastructure or database architecture
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background desired
- 3+ years software/technology customer facing experience
- Experience with “on-premise to cloud” migrations or IT transformations
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
- Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS or Azure
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Why Clarity Insights, Why Consulting and Why Now?
We don’t try to be everything to everybody all the time. We specialize in Data & Analytics and will remain a platform and tool agnostic company so you can grow technically throughout your career. We strive to be 100% technical and 100% business with strategy because we don’t hire non-communicative robots who have a one size fits all approach. We often could speak to a CFO or Head of Underwriting about a business or finance problem, and based on the need for real-time and affordable scalability, we can outline – in terms they can understand – why they should think about a cloud solution for big data and analytics. If we step across to the DevOps lab, we can easily pick up on a conversation about Apache committers, OSF, full stack development, microservices, containers and much more. We’re not trying to boil the ocean. We want to grow from 400 people to 1700 people in 4 years to take the market an accessible set of consulting skills. We have a lot of fun together. Most people join here and stay here for the people. That said, we are popular so we do rack up some travel miles. I have a million things to share about why that may change and why that must stay the same for now, but here’s a suggestion – if you LOVE Cloud Computing for Big Data and/or Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, etc we should talk.
At this time, we are only considering candidates interested in full-time employment who do not require visa sponsorships or transfers.
Clarity Solution Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity.