Data Analyst - Consultant - San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA
SL : Data Management
Do YOU have a passion for working with Data? At Clarity Insights, we are passionate about data, problem solving and driving value to make a difference with our clients. Clarity Insights is the largest independent professional services firm focused exclusively on data analytics solutions. Our Data Strategy Service Line is expanding and looking to develop in multiple US Regions.
Clarity’s Delivery Service Lines have one vision: to drive better business outcomes through data and analytics. We provide data analytics advisory consulting services. We believe that nothing sells like great delivery, and are committed to our people and client delivery excellence. With continuing, aggressive growth plans for the next five years, Clarity is seeking outstanding data analytics leaders to successfully qualify, propose, close and lead client solution delivery.
As a Data Analyst at Clarity Insights you will work with technical implementation teams to ensure business requirements are fulfilled and work with end users and technical implementation teams to establish and test user acceptance criteria. You will troubleshoot and provide end user support for Data Implementations. You will also have experience in partial to full lifecycle Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Business Intelligence, Information Delivery, and Data Analytics Solution Implementations.
The Data Analyst performs the following tasks:
- Works with technical implementation teams to ensure business requirements are fulfilled
- Works with end users and technical implementation teams to establish and test user acceptance criteria
- Troubleshoots and provides end user support for Data Implementations. He/she will have experience in partial to full lifecycle Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Business Intelligence, Information Delivery, and Data Analytics Solution Implementations
- Participates in requirements, gathering processes for data integration, data analytics and/or information delivery solutions
- Produces source to target data mapping documents and will profile data as input to source to target transformation rules
- Profile data as input to, source to target transformation rules
- Produces and provides input towards reporting wire-frames
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree and 3+ years of work experience
- 3+ years of experience in the industry and familiarity with various products and lines of business
- Ability to develop complex SQL in an Oracle, Netezza, SAS, Teradata and/or other MPP platform
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a proven ability to distill complex business issues into easily understandable terms for a variety of audiences
- Experience leading analysis activities on large software development and integration efforts
- Hands-on experience with ETL tools such as Ab Initio, Informatica and Datastage
- End user experience with Informational Delivery tools such as, Cognos, Microstrategy, Tableau, and Qlikview
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability and willingness to engage in many different and simultaneous tasks
- Desire to learn and mentor others via hands-on, apprenticeship model
- Strong knowledge of data modeling concepts and the ability to read and analyze data models
- Prior consulting experience as a member of small or large requirements teams, gathering and analyzing data and preparing for key status meetings
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be willing to travel up to 75% to the client site on a weekly basis. National Travel required
Why Clarity Insights, Why Consulting and Why Now?
We don’t try to be everything to everybody all the time. We specialize in Data & Analytics and will remain a platform and tool agnostic company so you can grow technically throughout your career. It sounds ridiculous but you actually need to be 100% technical and 100% business with strategy because we don’t hire non-communicative robots who have a one size fits all approach. We often could speak to a CFO or Head of Underwriting about a business or finance problem, and based on the need for real-time and affordable scalability, we can outline – in terms they can understand – why they should think about a cloud solution for big data and analytics. If we step across to the DevOps lab, we can easily pick up on a conversation about Apache committers, OSF, full stack development, microservices, containers and much more. We’re not trying to boil the ocean. We want to grow from 400 people to 1700 people in 4 years to take the market an accessible set of consulting skills. We have a lot of fun together. Most people join here and stay here for the people. That said, we are popular so we do rack up some travel miles. I have a million things to share about why that may change and why that must stay the same for now, but here’s a suggestion – if you LOVE Cloud Computing for Big Data and/or Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, etc we should talk.
Clarity Insights is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity.