As a full-stack engineer at ClassDojo, you'll help build the systems that will support our rapid growth. You’ll work on production code from day one, deploy often, move quickly, and have your work used by millions of students, teachers, and parents around the world every day. In addition, you’ll help us further develop our high-quality engineering culture, one that values rapid iteration, collaboration, and best practices. Our code is heavily tested and deployed daily, and we’re serious about building a world-class engineering team.
Who we're looking for
- You're hungry to get things done, in a fast-paced environment
- You have an ownership mindset: you are comfortable with both responsibility and accountability
- You're thoughtful about creating and maintaining a world-class engineering culture
- You work well in teams, and enjoy collaborating with engineers, designers and product teams
- You are passionate about education, and care about having impact on tens of millions of kids' lives with your work
- You’ve used Node and/or React at scale
- You've worked with MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, and/or Redshift
- You have significant DevOps experience, especially on AWS
ClassDojo’s mission is to give teachers, parents, and students the power to create incredible classrooms. Founded in 2011 and based in San Francisco, California, ClassDojo is a classroom communication app that helps students build social-emotional skills while creating a simple way for teachers, parents, and students to share what’s happening during the school day through photos, videos, and messages. We're one of the fastest growing education technology companies of all time, used and loved by millions of teachers, parents and students in 90% of K-8 schools in the US, and 180 other countries.
We believe focused, talented, non-hierarchical teams can achieve a surprising amount. Our team is made up of engineers, designers and educators from around the world, with deep backgrounds in public and charter schools, as well as from Facebook, Google, Dropbox, Airbnb, Amazon, Y Combinator and more. We’re building a company that will transform education, and one that is the kind of place we’ve all always wanted to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here.
If you're excited about having impact in education at massive scale, we'd love to hear from you.