We’re looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to support our team through the next stage of our growth. You’ll be the first Executive Assistant at ClassDojo, and you’ll have the opportunity to wear many hats in and around all facets of operations at ClassDojo. You’ll be great at this job if you have some relevant experience, the drive to get things done, the ability to proactively identify issues and the maturity to set up systems to solve them for good. You’ll work directly with our CEO and leadership team, and will have the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as you’d like.
- > Executive Assistant to CEO & Leadership Team
- Manage scheduling and calendar for CEO & others.
- Handling domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Support internal and external meetings, including Board meetings.
- > Office Management
- Manage the office environment and facilities, including meeting and greeting, space design, supplies, and moves.
- Set up systems to handle regular office workflows, including managing vendors (e.g. catering, cleaning, contractors, etc), ongoing requests, security procedures, mail, and equipment purchases, as well as one-off requests.
- Creatively create and maintain a wonderful office experience for employees (e.g. plants in the office, birthday celebrations, work anniversaries).
- Organize and coordinate off-site events, as well as team events.
- Manage office IT needs, coordinating the technical elements of meetings, conference calls, etc. and outsourcing where necessary.
- > Basic Finance
- Be the point of contact for internal finance questions (i.e. company credit cards, employee reimbursements).
- Oversee our external finance firm.
Who we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience supporting executives in a high-growth, fast-paced environment highly recommended. Highly qualified candidates with office management, administration, project management, or equivalent experience will also be considered.
- You have the foresight and adaptability to see what needs to change to keep leveling up the team.
- You are able to solve problems creatively and quickly.
- You are able to solve problems scalably by setting up systems that work without you.
- You have an owner’s mindset, and are comfortable with both responsibility and accountability.
- You are numerate, and ideally fluent with spreadsheets.
- You have a high degree of empathy.
ClassDojo’s mission is to give teachers, parents, and students the power to create incredible classrooms. Founded in 2011 and based in San Francisco, California, ClassDojo started as a classroom communication app that gives teachers, parents, and students a simple way to share what’s happening during the school day through photos, videos, and messages - and is growing far beyond that. We're one of the fastest growing education technology companies of all time, used and loved by millions of teachers, parents and students in 90% of K-8 schools in the US, and 180 other countries.
We believe focused, talented, non-hierarchical teams can achieve a surprising amount. Our team is made up of engineers, designers and educators from around the world, with deep backgrounds in public and charter schools, as well as from Facebook, Google, Dropbox, Airbnb, Amazon, Y Combinator and more. We’re building a company that will transform education, and one that is the kind of place we’ve always wanted to work. We believe you’ll have the chance to do the best work of your life here.
If you're excited about having impact in education at massive scale, we'd love to hear from you.