Senior Full-stack Engineer
As a senior full-stack engineer at ClassDojo, you'll help build the systems and culture that will support our rapid growth. You’ll work on production code from day one, deploy often, move quickly, and have your work used by millions of students, teachers, and parents around the world every day. In addition, as an experienced engineer, you’ll help us further develop our high-quality engineering culture, one that values rapid iteration, collaboration, and best practices. Our code is heavily tested and deployed daily, and we’re serious about continuing to building a world-class engineering team, and the culture that goes with it.
Who we're looking for
- You've worked with distributed systems at scale, and you know enough to design them yourself.
- You’re thoughtful about what makes teams great, and about ensuring best practices in an engineering culture.
- You're able to work closely with engineering and product teams to help them make good technical and product decisions.
- You believe in and want to build a non-hierarchical, high-performing organization, with deep collaboration amongst engineers.
- You’ve used Node.js at scale.
- You've worked with MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, and/or Redshift.
- You have significant DevOps experience, especially on AWS.
- You're passionate about education, and are excited about having a transformational impact on tens of millions of kids' lives.
Some of what we're working on
- Scaling: we're growing quickly, rapidly scaling our application and database layers to accommodate tens of millions of users.
- Data engineering: we analyze billions of data points to improve students' life outcomes, as well as inform business and product decisions.
- Service-oriented architecture: as our codebase grows, we’re making our services more and more modular.
ClassDojo’s mission is to give teachers, parents, and students the power to create incredible classrooms. Founded in 2011 and based in San Francisco, California, ClassDojo is a classroom communication app that helps students build social-emotional skills while creating a simple way for teachers, parents, and students to share what’s happening during the school day through photos, videos, and messages. We're one of the fastest growing education technology companies of all time, used and loved by millions of teachers, parents and students in 90% of K-8 schools in the US, and 180 other countries.
We believe focused, talented, non-hierarchical teams can achieve a surprising amount. Our team is made up of engineers, designers and educators from around the world, with deep backgrounds in public and charter schools, as well as from Facebook, Google, Dropbox, Airbnb, Amazon, Y Combinator and more. We’re building a company that will transform education, and one that is the kind of place we’ve all always wanted to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here.
If you're excited about having impact in education at massive scale, we'd love to hear from you.