Clearbanc co-founders Michele Romanow and Andrew D’Souza knew there had to be a better way to fund your business than staking your house or sacrificing ownership of your company.
Michele and Andrew deeply understand the pains of building a business; Michele bootstrapped five companies, one which was acquired by Groupon, and sits on the other side of the table as a judge on “Dragon’s Den,” Canada’s equivalent of “Shark Tank.” Andrew, meanwhile, has raised hundreds of millions of dollars for multiple startups and is an investor and advisor to many others.
They've seen the broken funding process from all sides, and the idea for Clearbanc was inspired by their own experiences and struggles building companies and working with other entrepreneurs.
Clearbanc has invested in thousands of companies using data science to identify high-growth funding opportunities. This data-driven approach takes the bias out of decision making. Clearbanc has funded 8x more female founders than traditional VCs, and has invested in 43 states in the US in 2019.
WHY WORK WITH US?
We're a company built by founders for founders, and we’re laser focused on our mission to help entrepreneurs succeed. You'll get the chance to work closely with people who have built, scaled and sold companies before.
While we're obsessed with our vision, we don't take ourselves too seriously. We don’t know all the answers, so we’re constantly experimenting and learning together.
Clearbanc is going through an exciting growth phase. We’ve just closed a $300M round and we're looking for the right people to join #TeamClearbanc. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious person looking to make an impact while getting exposure to fintech and learning what it takes to build a successful startup.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Communicate with data and engineering teams on technical details, understand the implications of certain decisions, and make trade-offs in terms of complexity, depth or even timelines.
- Participate in discussions when Engineers are debating the best way to implement features.
- Help the teams estimate more accurately and keep goals at top of mind.
- Work with Data Scientists to understand the work they are doing and how work can be prioritized to achieve organizational data goals faster.
- Drive product management activities: roadmap and strategy planning, roll-out, product workshops with data consumers and champion the product adoption across Clearbanc.
- Be able to seamlessly distill very technical concepts to business users and vice versa.
- Prioritize and plan features based on company and stakeholder priorities and business values.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience working as a Product Manager in a leadership capacity.
- Prior software development, or data or ux experience is key, in order to facilitate technical discussion for their product and provide feedback and input in the technical and architectural design.
- Ability to review the tech specs and architectural design docs.
- Manage the expectations of internal and external stakeholders by effectively prioritizing resources, work and negotiating product/project needs.
- Understand and provide inputs for the trade-offs in launching a product or feature. Collaborate to resolve deadlocks and present feasible solutions.
- Drive agreement on a solution and its adoption.
- Experience in setting data-driven goals, with objective success metrics for your projects that your teams can rally behind.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative attitude.
- Deep technical and analytical abilitiesProduct management expertise coupled with good judgement.
- A background deploying data systems, models and/or products into production for real world use.
- Familiarity with new and upcoming data technologies - including HDFS, Hive, Kafka, Spark, Presto, BigQuery, RedShift, Snowflake etc.
- A winning attitude.
- Free daily team lunch from the best Toronto restaurants
- Free snacks and drinksGreat healthcare benefits
- Convenient Downtown Toronto location Monthly Clearbanc Social Club
- Lunch and Learns
- Friday drinks and demos
- Work with a kick-ass team with unparalleled leadership (Michele Romanow - Dragons’ Den, Andrew D’Souza - Angel Investor)
- Lots of responsibility and opportunity to see your impact on the company and the lives of our entrepreneurs
Check out our Instagram to see what life is like at #TeamClearbanc
Submit your resume, cover letter, and a short video telling us about yourself, why you’d be great and why you want the role. Resumes sent without a video will not be considered.
_ _ _ _ _
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected class.