Director of Sales
Clearbanc co-founders Michele Romanow and Andrew D’Souza knew there had to be a better way to fund your business than staking your house or sacrificing ownership of your company.
Michele and Andrew deeply understand the pains of building a business; Michele bootstrapped five companies, one which was acquired by Groupon, and sits on the other side of the table as a judge on “Dragon’s Den,” Canada’s equivalent of “Shark Tank.” Andrew, meanwhile, has raised hundreds of millions of dollars for multiple startups and is an investor and advisor to many others.
They've seen the broken funding process from all sides, and the idea for Clearbanc was inspired by their own experiences and struggles building companies and working with other entrepreneurs.
Clearbanc has invested in thousands of companies using data science to identify high-growth funding opportunities. This data-driven approach takes the bias out of decision making. Clearbanc has funded 8x more female founders than traditional VCs, and has invested in 43 states in the US in 2019.
WHY WORK WITH US?
We're a company built by founders for founders, and we’re laser focused on our mission to help entrepreneurs succeed. You'll get the chance to work closely with people who have built, scaled and sold companies before.
While we're obsessed with our vision, we don't take ourselves too seriously. We don’t know all the answers, so we’re constantly experimenting and learning together.
Clearbanc is going through an exciting growth phase. We’ve just closed a $300M round and we're looking for the right people to join #TeamClearbanc. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious person looking to make an impact while getting exposure to fintech and learning what it takes to build a successful startup.
We're looking for a Director of Sales who will help take our sales teams to the next level and help us grow as we become the Global Category Leader in the alternative lending space.
- SPEED- We have a 'getting things done' is better than 'perfect’ attitude with a bias towards action
- TRANSPARENCY- We’re open to feedback, resilient to failures and always looking to improve
- INDEPENDENCE- We're a team of problem solvers and fast learners who can identify problems, come up with ideas and execute solutions themselves
READ MORE ABOUT US HERE:
- TechCrunch / Instagram / Twitter / Glassdoor
- Clearbanc Completes Series A Funding!
- Clearbanc raises$120 Million in 2 Months
- Michelle Romanow named one of Canada's Top 100 Most Powerful Women
- Clearbanc wins the National Innovation Award from Startup Canada
- Andrew D'Souza (CEO) on the Startup Grind
- Michele Romanow on Bloomberg
- Click Here if you love "The Office"
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Directly overseeing multiple AE teams
- Building out your own unit within the business
- Leading team leads and direct mangers
- Responsible for hiring, firing, promotions, professional development, performance plans
- Will work alongside Stephen to optimize and execute on sales processes
- Will carry a team target and ensure daily, weekly, and monthly KPI's are achieved
- Working in a fast-paced, scripted sales environment
- Based out of their downtown office
WHAT YOU BRING:
- You are coachable, adaptable and passionate!
- You define yourself as an “achievement-junkie”- highly goal-oriented and entrepreneurial by nature!
- You have developed a top performing sales team
- You have exceeded targets as an individual hunter
- You have strong relationships with executive level colleagues and are well respected as a leader
- You have an analytical side to you and love working with data!
- You are tech-savvy and learn quickly (can easily pick up new apps/software)
- You have strong negotiation skills and a persistent mentality
- You thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment and are not afraid to think outside of the box to come up with creative solutions for problems
- You are a clear and direct communicator and open constructive feedback
- Degree in business or STEM is an asset (but not required)!
- Competitive compensation plan
- Paid vacation & 100% health benefits coverage
- Free daily lunches (from the best Toronto restaurants) as well as snacks & drinks
- Monthly team socials, weekly “drinks & demos” and company-wide retreats!
- Regular Lunch & Learns with guest speakers
- The opportunity to join an extremely successful startup and work directly with the impressive co-founders every day (Michele Romanow - Dragons’ Den, Andrew D’Souza - Angel Investor)
- Unparalleled company culture & the chance to truly impact the company and lives of many entrepreneurs!
- Located in the heart of downtown Toronto
Check out our Instagram to see what life is like at #TeamClearbanc
Submit your resume, cover letter, and a short video telling us about yourself, why you’d be great and why you want the role. Resumes sent without a video will not be considered.
_ _ _ _ _
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected class.