Senior Full Stack Engineer
Who We Are
Clearbit is the marketing data engine for customer interactions. We help businesses grow by providing tools that help them deeply understand their customers, identify future prospects, and highly personalize every single marketing and sales interaction.
What You'll Do
As a Full Stack engineer, you'll be integral in the design and development of one of our new core products. You'll be working very closely with the rest of our team, building and maintaining a rich, easy-to-use control plane for modern marketing workflows. We value ownership and knowing what questions to ask very highly—the ability to take an idea through all the stages from conception to shipping a product. This reflects throughout our company, but is especially true in engineering. As an engineer at Clearbit, you'll be highly independent and autonomous. Since we're building such disparate data APIs and products you'll be working with a large array of different technologies and fields. Expect lots of interesting challenges.
At Clearbit, you'll:
- Work with a Ruby/Sinatra/Sequel/Postgres stack on the backend (AWS)
- Work with HTML/CSS/JS/React/GraphQL on the front end
- Bring new features from concept to shipped product
- Come up with new product directions and contribute with ideas
What will set you up for success:
- 4+ years of development experience
- 2+ years of experience in JS and Ruby
- 2+ years of experience with React (Preferred)
- Experience with GraphQL (Preferred)
- Independent and self motivated - maintaining side projects and libraries a major plus
- Remote first company
When applying, please include:
- A brief write-up explaining who you are as a programmer. For example, how you got started, what area of the stack you feel most familiar with, what motivates you, what technologies you want to learn over the next year
- Some ways you think Clearbit could improve, APIs we could add etc
- A side project you really enjoyed working on
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose)
At Clearbit, we help our customers build unstoppable growth engines. Our products enable businesses to understand their customers, generate demand, act on intent, and increase conversions all the way down the funnel. Today, Clearbit powers more than 1,500 B2B companies including Asana, Segment, and Atlassian.
Working at Clearbit:
We invest in personal and team growth, valuing constructive feedback, and emotional intelligence. We aim to maintain a working environment of psychological safety, where vulnerability is not a weakness, so that it's easier to take creative risks, re-define what’s possible, and grow into the best version of yourself. Your teammates will push you to grow (kindly) and ask for the same in return.
Building a company takes a physical and mental toll, which is why we think it's incredibly important to make sure that we provide benefits that focus on physical, mental and nutritional health. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental, and vision for you and your family
- Paid parental leave
- Mental health resources, coaching and therapy sessions
If you would like to read about our values check out this blogpost. We invite you to ask questions about these if you are interested, and we would love to talk to you about what we are doing to live these values.
We value and celebrate how you identify, who you love, the color of your skin, your age (at heart and on paper), the gods you do or don't believe in, and every other belief and characteristic that make you YOU. The more inclusive we are, the better we — and our work — will be. Clearbit is an equal opportunity employer.