Senior Data Engineer
San Francisco, CA (or Remote, US Timezones)
Who We Are
Clearbit is the marketing data engine for customer interactions. We help businesses grow by providing tools that help them deeply understand their customers, identify future prospects, and highly personalize every single marketing and sales interaction.
What You'll Do
As an engineer on the Data team at Clearbit, you'll work very closely with the rest of our team while analyzing our massive data assets, creatively digging for improvements, and defining the future of our product. We highly value ownership and knowing what questions to ask—the ability to take an idea through every stage, from conception to shipping a product. This is reflected throughout our company, but is especially true in data engineering. As an engineer at Clearbit, particularly a data engineer, you'll be highly independent and autonomous. Since we're building such disparate data APIs and products, you'll be working with a large array of different technologies and fields. Expect lots of interesting challenges.
- Query and analyze data in Postgres, Athena, and Elasticsearch
- Work with a Ruby/Sinatra/Sequel/Postgres stack
- Bring new features from concept to shipped product
- Come up with new product directions and contribute ideas
We're looking for someone with
- mastery of SQL and querying strategies
- comfort around statistical/analytic concepts
- 4+ years of engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience in Ruby
- Independent and self motivated—maintaining side projects and libraries a major plus
- San Francisco, CA or remote in US timezones
When applying, please include
- A brief write-up explaining who you are as a programmer. For example, how you got started, what motivates you, what technologies you want to learn over the next year
- Some ways you think Clearbit could improve, e.g. APIs we could add
- A side project you really enjoy(ed) working on
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose)
Care (Give a shit)
Empathize with customers. Take the time to understand their frustrations, needs, and desires.
Craft (Master it)
Own your craft. Never stop learning and improving.
Team (Work together)
Teamwork makes the dream work. Fill gaps. There’s no such thing as “it’s not my job.”
Truth (Say it)
Be upfront and candid. Say it like it is. Hold yourself and others accountable.
Initiative (Be resourceful)
Don’t wait for permission. Figure it out — or figure out who can.
Fun (Have it)
Don’t take yourself too seriously — life is short.
Clearbit is an equal opportunity employer. We value and celebrate how you identify, who you love, the color of your skin, your age (at heart and on paper), the gods you do or don't believe in, and every other belief and characteristic that make you YOU. The more inclusive we are, the better we — and our work — will be.