Head of Revenue Operations
San Francisco, CA (or Remote, US Timezones)
Are you curious how efficient our sales and marketing funnel is? Are you wondering what types of product data we track and it’s impact on churn or up-sell? Do you get a kick out of solving the case of Encyclopedia Brown vs. the missing MQLs? Do you want to have an important, strategic seat at the table instead of a supporting role? Yup, we are definitely looking for you!
At Clearbit, we’re building the next generation of technology for B2B sales and marketing teams. Our data platform enables some of the fastest growing companies in the world to power their growth engines so that marketing emails, chatbots, slack alerts, sales outreach, SDR customizations, website personalization and shortened forms all work together to drive incredible customer and revenue growth.
Our team is focused on delivering market-changing products while staying true to business fundamentals, not just the dream of revenue one day. This makes our Head of Revenue Operations a critical hire - someone who can help improve our business at every critical juncture.
We’re looking for a special individual who has a demonstrated ability to quickly understand the core drivers of any business, plan, lead and implement changes that improve overall efficiency. This is more than a consultant - we’re looking for someone who takes personal and psychological ownership over projects to deliver outstanding results - never settle for “good enough.” Our unicorn is part analyst, part strategist, part project manager, part builder, part mad scientist, and 100% closet nerd.
If you’re a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, you’ll fit right in. We’re hiring A players (not rockstars, they just drink all night and sleep all day) - just the absolute best. We’ve got an incredible opportunity in front of us, a team cranking to execute, and we need someone else to help us get there. If you’re down to put in the hours and want to make a difference, this is the place for you.
- Act as the product manager for the business - your product is the company, your customers are our employees
- Continually evaluate our current system and processes with an eye for improvements that will drive additional output and real business value (initial focus will be GTM teams - Sales, Customer Success & Marketing)
- Work with team members and consultants to implement tactical changes to those same system and processes
- Develop relationships with stakeholders across departments so that they rely on you as a trusted resource for guidance
- Spearhead projects to add critical new technologies to our stack or to replace outdated ones
- Consistently prioritize potential projects for effort vs. potential returns to optimize your time for the highest potential impact
- Design and deliver simple and elegant solutions that will scale as our company grows
Need to have:
- Spectacular critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience as an analyst who’s not afraid to build a model and forecast the impact of new projects and investments
- 5+ years of go-to-market experience working closely with sales and marketing teams
- A balance of engineering and business mindsets with a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Successful transformations you’ve led within past companies and thoughtful analysis of what worked and why
- A GSD attitude and the willingness to quickly turn around an MVP and several iterations
Nice to have:
- Fearlessness with a willingness to try new ideas, concepts, and be wrong (but definitely learn from the experience)
- Experience in a top-tier consulting firm (an MBA doesn’t hurt either)
- Light programming experience, SQL experience is a +
- An unabashed desire to work with A players and an unwillingness to compromise
- Startup experience ideally in a B2B SaaS environment
- Ability to work daily in downtown San Francisco, CA
Sound right up your alley? Want to learn more? So do we! Drop us a line at Revops@clearbit.com with your credentials in whatever format you feel is best. But don’t stop there, give us a few reasons to really get excited about you - share your thoughts on:
- What’s the most impactful business recommendation you’ve delivered? How do you measure that?
- What’s the most interesting job that’s not on your resume? Why?
- What’s the last book you read? Thoughts? Would you recommend it?Not looking for a novel here - just hoping to add some color to an otherwise typically boring resume/LinkedIn profile. We want to get to know you!