San Francisco, CA (or Remote US)
As an early engineer at Clearbit, you'll have a huge impact on our product and direction. You'll be working very closely with the rest of our team, creating APIs, building out applications, and handling huge amounts of data.
We value ownership highly—the ability to take an idea through all the stages from conception to shipping a product. This reflects throughout our company, but is especially true in engineering. As an engineer at Clearbit, you'll be highly independent and autonomous. Since we're building such disparate data APIs and products you'll be working with a large array of different technologies and fields. Expect lots of interesting challenges.
- Mainly work with a Ruby/Sinatra/Sequel/Postgres stack
- Bring new features from concept to shipped product
- Come up with new product directions and APIs
We’re looking for someone with:
- 4+ years of development experience
- 2+ years of experience in Ruby
- Independent and self motivated—side projects and gems a major plus
- Either based in San Francisco, or remote is fine.
When applying, please include:
- A brief write-up explaining who you are as a programmer. For example, how you got started, what area of the stack you feel most familiar with, what motivates you, what technologies you want to learn over the next year
- Some ways you think Clearbit could improve, APIs we could add etc
- A side project you really enjoyed working on
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.