Team Lead, Appraisal Operations
Operations - Appraisal (Partner Support)
Clear Capital is a national AMC offering a complete suite of appraisal solutions across the United States, Guam and Puerto Rico. Our appraisal department relies on technology, a well-vetted appraiser panel and a three-tiered quality assurance process to deliver high quality products with competitive turn times to our diverse customer base.
Who We Seek to Hire
We are hiring an individual who has experience successfully managing and motivating a group of individuals to meet customer service level expectations and department goals in a fast paced and frequently changing environment. The candidate best suited for this position has familiarity with resource management, can pivot quickly against changing priorities and has a passion for people, service and process improvement.
What to Expect from the Role
As a Team Lead, you will be responsible for providing clear direction and guidance to a team of individuals whose primary tasks include assigning and following up on appraisal orders to ensure the delivery of high quality products at reasonable fees as quickly as possible for our customers. Your success is measured by the success of your individual team members as well as the performance of your team toward customer expectations, SLA requirements and meeting profitability goals for the department. You will work with the Manager, Appraisal Operations to ensure optimal performance and efficiency throughout this process. A successful candidate will be organized, energetic and driven to continue to find improvements for themselves, their team and the Appraisal Department.
What You Will Do
- Establish and communicate clear expectations for team members
- Manage the flow of day to day operations on your team
- Monitor team member productivity and team workload to ensure sufficient coverage is available to meet Service Level Agreements and customer expectations; adjusting plans and resources as business and team needs necessitate
- Monitor team member contribution, availability, work performance and conduct and take action needed to correct performance issues and facilitate growth
- Monitor and improve individual and team performance metrics which include, but are not limited to: Turn Time, On Time, Cost per Unit, Time in Status, Vendor Fees, Productivity and Responsiveness to our vendors (phone and email SLAs)
- Properly prioritize expectations for self and team to ensure timely completion of all work assignments, training, meetings and performance management activities
- Establish individual team member goals, regularly conduct reviews of employee performance and hold folks accountable to expectations
- Motivate and develop team members, providing feedback frequently to build consensus around company or department policies/procedures and work to improve employee relations
- Prevent escalations and complaints through proactive management of team workload
- Negotiate fees and turn times with appraisers on escalated or unique files
- Conduct appraiser coaching to improve performance
- Quickly recognize roadblocks and implement solutions to effectively move files forward
- Analyze data to identify trends in appraiser, product, market and/or customer performance
- Proactively support the Manager, Appraisal Operations with information on performance; suggesting solutions to mitigate deficiencies and improve team and department performance
What We Expect From You
- Driven to take ownership of responsibilities and work with team members for successful results
- Excited to work with team members on skill and career development and provide regular coaching and feedback to improve performance and productivity
- Lead by example by consistently demonstrating exceptional service skills and behaviors in all interactions
- Act on opportunities to contribute and continually work on self-development as an employee and a leader
- Respond promptly to calls, chats and email requests with professionalism and solution oriented enthusiasm
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Consistently contribute to OT during volume spikes
- In conjunction with other Team Leads, provide 5am-6pm coverage Monday through Friday and work one weekend shift per month 7am-4pm
Desired Education and/or Experience
- Demonstrated ability to perform the duties outlined above
- Creative problem solver and critical thinker
- Prior leadership or management experience
Clear Capital is the premier provider of real estate valuation, analytics, and technology solutions. Powered by its more than 45 years worth of information on nearly every U.S. metro, neighborhood, and property, Clear Capital’s solutions are trusted by community credit unions and billion-dollar financial institutions alike. Clear Capital is headquartered in Reno-Tahoe with a team of more than 500 nationwide, dedicated to going wherever it leads, and doing whatever it takes.
To all recruitment agencies: Clear Capital does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Clear Capital employees or any other company location. Clear Capital is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Salary commensurate with experience
Clear Capital is an equal opportunity employer