Sr. Software Engineer - Front End (React/React Native) - Must relocate to Reno/Lake Tahoe area
Santa Clara County, CA
Technology - Engineering
We’re looking for thoughtful engineers with an eye and passion for quality to join our team and help Clear Capital grow. At Clear Capital, we foster a culture of innovation and are creating a world-class technology group that is poised for sustainable growth and success. As new and exciting opportunities reveal themselves in the world of Real Estate Valuation, we are primed to deliver the mission critical data that will change the mortgage finance sector for the better.
We are an agile-minded Real Estate Tech company, nimble enough to move quickly and innovate faster than our larger competitors, and mature enough to outperform start-ups. We are building massively scalable solutions at an enterprise level for some of the largest financial companies on the planet. We’re deeply committed to meaningful collaboration and building applications that are beautiful, fast, and delightful. We believe in not just practicing Agile, but truly being agile; there is a difference. We value great thinkers, problem solvers, respectful communication, hard work, collaboration, and the sharing of ideas. We are on a mission of going from good to great and need the best minds to help us get there. Simply put, we need Amplifiers that go well beyond the average engineer’s production.
What does this mean?
We seek to hire those that amplify the work we do by sharing their knowledge and experience with others. There are unprecedented opportunities for disruption in our industry by a technology and data-driven leader like Clear Capital. The industry is literally starving to leap forward into the future and we are at the forefront of modern mobile, web, and machine learning solutions. We are the company that is seizing the moment and doing things others wish they could. By building a world-class engineering organization we are the ones creating new ideas and ways of doing things.
Our stack and tool set
- React Native
- Semantic HTML
- Jira and Confluence
- CSS, SASS, and Styled Components
What we do
- Our primary responsibility is simple: create the best possible user experience in our web and mobile applications
- We are product and user driven. The problems we’re solving are difficult and we need thinkers that are excited about this challenge and not afraid to ask questions
- We are always collaborating with product owners, product managers, designers and our backend Java developers
- We work together to explore possible solutions, iterate on our ideas, and then ultimately translate them into production applications
- We support our products from ideation to execution with cross-functional teams
- We continuously evolve our products and push to advance the industry
- We research new technology and design patterns in collaboration with fellow engineers to determine what will benefit us now and into the foreseeable future
Who we are looking for
- Seasoned experience. 5+ years of web-based and mobile enterprise software development.
- Research and communication. We solve problems. Before that can happen we need to understand the problem and the proposed solution.
- Iterate and validate ideas. There are many different ways to solve a problem. There is a huge difference between "It's working" and "It's the right solution". We want the right answer, not just any answer. To achieve this, we research solutions and iterate on them with key members of our team for validation of our ideas.
- Quality standards and scalability. We have to be able to deliver on what we come up with. We need to be able to code our solutions following best practices and company standards.
- Collaborate and growth mindset. Iterating and being able to come up with a solution makes half of a developer. We need to be able to work through other people's solutions. We need to provide constructive feedback that makes not only our products better, but ultimately our developers better too.
Characteristics we are looking for and value in candidates
- You are smart
- You also get it wrong but know its ok and don't blame others
- You understand the cycles of developer life
- You are flexible and open to others' ideas and solutions, not just your own
- You are nice, respectful, and awesome to work with
- You learn new things at a rapid pace and you enjoy it
- You love to collaborate and are open to feedback
- Your passion for tech is contagious
- You're an amplifier. Others grow when they work with and beside you
- We want engineers who think systematically, implement quickly, and innovate eagerly
Clear Capital is the premier provider of real estate valuation, analytics, and technology solutions. Powered by its more than 45 years worth of information on nearly every U.S. metro, neighborhood, and property, Clear Capital’s solutions are trusted by community credit unions and billion-dollar financial institutions alike. Clear Capital is headquartered in Reno-Tahoe with a team of more than 500 nationwide, dedicated to going wherever it leads, and doing whatever it takes.
To all recruitment agencies: Clear Capital does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Clear Capital employees or any other company location. Clear Capital is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Salary commensurate with experience
Clear Capital is an equal opportunity employer