Technology - IT Operations
Clear Capital is looking to hire a Network Engineer II with a combination of strong tactical skill as well as the vision to grow our network for the innovation economy. Your work supports over 520 + employees, 3 offices and 2 Data Centers in a complex, growing environment with mission critical applications hosted in both private and public clouds. Your work supports a growing, innovative business including Data Science, Engineering, Product Development and core Operations that support the Real Estate and Mortgage Finance industries.
You should apply if you are an engineer with extensive experience in supporting and implementation of complex campus and data center networks. You are innovative, hands-on and scrappy with the grit to solve tough problems using creative and proven solutions.
About the role:
The Network Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining Clear Capital’s Network Infrastructure. In addition to configuring and supporting network components such as firewalls, switches, and routers, this position will implement security initiatives and standards for safeguarding data held by the company. This position will work closely with the Senior Network Engineer, Leadership Team, the executive team (Senior Leadership Team) and Information Systems management. The Network Engineer will monitor the networks, platform systems and telephony devices, ensuring performance, capacity and security SLAs are met.
You keep current on network security configurations, firewalls, and other network systems that you will implement and maintain. You will be responsible for the continuing growth of the corporate and production network environments. You will document and develop upon current network designs as well as deployment of future network infrastructure. These responsibilities include but are not limited to all VoIP communications, public circuits and systems necessary to support our communications platform.
- Be a key contributor to our WAN and LAN re-architecture project where up-time is critical and bandwidth needs are always growing.
- Help drive our SD WAN initiative, leaving traditional fail-over solutions and aggregating multiple carrier pipes to provide the higher SLA’s
- Take our 8021x Cisco ISE deployment to the next level by enhancing our profiling and remediation
- Transition our campuses from a legacy proxy and firewall solution to a NextGen Threat Protection solution
- Be a key contributor to our Cloud Based VoIP deployment by building a campuses LAN solution that can act a cornerstone to this transition
- Improve our monitoring, alerting, and SIEM solutions turning our network monitoring from reactive to a proactive solution
- Multiple site moves and expansions
- Govern and drive innovative and reliable network change
- Contribute and drive our security and hardening of our campus and hybrid cloud environments.
What you will do
- Working with our senior network engineer, administer all network infrastructure current and future designs Identify protection goals, objectives and metrics consistent with corporate plans
- Conduct the development and implementation of information security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of information security and protection. Information protection responsibilities will include network security architecture, network access and monitoring policies
- Prioritize security initiatives and implementation based on appropriate risk management and/or financial methodology. Advise on system security requirements and architectural designs
- Conduct security-centric infrastructure components and various scanning tools.
- Install, configure, run, and maintain critical enterprise firewalls, IPS, VPN and other technologies.
- Work with multiple teams throughout IT on remediation activities.
- Participate in Incident Response activities.
- Work with outside consultants as appropriate for independent security audits, penetration tests, PCI audits, SOC1/2 and customer related audits
- Ensure software and hardware licensing compliance for all network equipment
- Provide design, documentation, and support for all internal network communications system
Your skills and experience
- The IT department supports many applications and services for our customers and requires flexibility and adaptability to meet changing priorities in a professional manner.
- Strong Cisco Nexus/Catalyst switch experience.
- Strong Cisco Router experience and demonstrated proficiency in EIGRP/OSPF/BGP routing.
- Extensive experience with Cisco ASA/NextGen and Palo Alto firewall solutions.
- Hands on experience managing 8021x in an enterprise setting.
- You are an articulate and effective member of the team and who is able to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Should have experience with business continuity planning, auditing, and risk management
- Experience performing security assessments
- Experience with security and networking architecture, networking protocols, network security design, routers, wireless security, intrusion prevention/detection, firewall architecture, SIEM, encryption, investigations, forensics, and incident management response.
- Advanced understanding of WAN/LAN networking technologies and multi site environments.
- Experience with network monitoring, management and secure authentication protocols and tools such as TACACS+/RADIUS.
- Previous history conducting or acting as a technical resource for other team members
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in networking for a medium to large organization
- Cisco CCNP Certified Preferred
- Technical security related certifications are a plus, including Cisco's CCNP security certification or certifications from the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium and/or the Global Information Assurance Certification.
Clear Capital is the premier provider of real estate valuation, analytics, and technology solutions. Powered by its more than 45 years worth of information on nearly every U.S. metro, neighborhood, and property, Clear Capital’s solutions are trusted by community credit unions and billion-dollar financial institutions alike. Clear Capital is headquartered in Reno-Tahoe with a team of more than 500 nationwide, dedicated to going wherever it leads, and doing whatever it takes.
To all recruitment agencies: Clear Capital does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Clear Capital employees or any other company location. Clear Capital is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Salary commensurate with experience
Clear Capital is an equal opportunity employer