Team Lead, Appraisal Quality Assurance
Operations - Appraisal (Quality)
Clear Capital is a rapidly growing, privately-held company with office locations in Reno, NV, Roseville, CA, and Truckee, CA. Cultivating the highest levels of customer ethics, we serve as a trusted partner for customers across the mortgage and lending industries. We use the most progressive technologies available and human, hands-on analytics to deliver highly accurate and reliable valuation tools. This unique combination of customer ethics and progressive technology makes Clear Capital the ideal choice for people seeking a high trust and high tech work environment.
We are seeking an Appraisal QA Team Lead with a focus on improving the quality of appraisal products we deliver to our customers by managing a team responsible for the entire appraisal quality review process increasing transparency into appraisal quality trends across the organization. This position will report directly to the Quality Department Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of reviewers who will be accountable for the full quality assurance process, following up with appraisers through resolution, and reviewing updated appraisal within defined SLA and according to specific customer requirements.
- Hold team members accountable to standard work expectations.
- Manage to and maintain turn time, quality, and efficiency goals for the team.
- Communicate with appraisers to resolve escalated quality issues in order to achieve high level of product quality.
- Communicate with customers regarding appraisal quality, revision request procedures, reconsideration requests, and appraisal concepts at a high level of professionalism, and with a sense of urgency.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize appraisal quality data:
- Identify and communicate proposed rule opportunities to Rules Manager monthly
- Recognize top quality trends which cross multiple customers and communicate to stakeholders monthly
- Identify reviewer trends and provide feedback to stakeholders monthly
- Identify vendor trends and provide feedback to stakeholders monthly
- Prioritize and manage ad hoc and ongoing QA projects.
- Develop action plans to mitigate customer quality concerns.
- Attend meetings with Account Managers to discuss quality concerns, instill confidence with our customers on existing processes, and communicate technology and process improvements currently in progress.
- Compile and analyze large sets of data into clear and presentable format.
- Develop, maintain, and produce operational and management reports.
- Coach and develop team members to be able to meet and exceed all departmental goals.
Required Job Related Skills and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in the Appraisal, Real Estate, and/or Mortgage Lending industry
- Previous national appraisal review experience
- Knowledge of complex appraisal review methods and concepts
- Professional phone acumen and a high level of comfort discussing appraisals on the phone with customers and appraisers
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience performing data analysis, data mining, and working with data in spreadsheets; including pivot tables, charts, graphs, formulas and calculations
- Previous management or team leadership experience
- Work effectively with teams utilizing a customer service centered approach
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Manage changing priorities within a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work overtime (OT) when needed
Additional Preferred Qualificaitons
- Residential Appraiser License
- Secondary market or portfolio evaluation experience
- Ability to work Saturdays and Sundays when needed
Clear Capital is the premier provider of real estate valuation, analytics, and technology solutions. Powered by its more than 45 years worth of information on nearly every U.S. metro, neighborhood, and property, Clear Capital’s solutions are trusted by community credit unions and billion-dollar financial institutions alike. Clear Capital is headquartered in Reno-Tahoe with a team of more than 500 nationwide, dedicated to going wherever it leads, and doing whatever it takes.
To all recruitment agencies: Clear Capital does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Clear Capital employees or any other company location. Clear Capital is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Salary commensurate with experience
Clear Capital is an equal opportunity employer