Sr. Database Administrator
Technology - Data
You're a production/development oriented Sr. Database Administrator that would thrive working closely with other Database Administrators in a small team supporting a multi-database environment including Oracle and PostGres. You will have the opportunity to backup our Sr. DBA in their master DBA responsibilities while playing a key role in supporting our App Dev teams.
As a growing financial technology company offering real estate valuation products, software platforms and rich data and analytics, you will be part of a small yet strong DBA team supporting Operations and Application Development.
What you will do
- Understand and apply advanced database administration, management and performance tuning techniques
- Provide advanced technical troubleshooting for applications and database systems
- Configure and tune hardware and software to insure optimum performance and resource utilization
- Provide 24x7 on call support
- Understand server clustering techniques and the impact on database configuration and performance
- Manage standby databases, snapshots and other advanced database features
- Manage Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC)
- Participate in design and application review sessions
- Develop scripts procedures and processes for data migration and application development
- Participate in meetings and conference calls related to project and troubleshooting activities
- Perform exports, backups and data extracts as required
- Provide support for database related project activities
- Develop strong working knowledge of key applications and their interaction with the database(s)
Skills and experience we need
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems, computer science or related discipline preferred
- Must have 7 years of database administration experience with Oracle cluster environment
- Oracle version upgrades and migrations
- Experience with Oracle11g/12c RAC Enterprise
- Experience working in a 24x7 environment
- Database analysis and design expertise
- Data extraction, transformation and loading
- Experience with Oracle tools and utilities
- Tuning of SQL statements and PL/SQL code
- DBA experience with SQL Server and/or PostgreSQL 8.4 or newer
Skills and attributes that would be great to have
- Comfortable with highly dynamic customer driven environment
- Ability to write, debug and tune sql and pl/sql, packages, procedures, functions, triggers, etc.
- Experience with database monitoring and tuning tools such as OEM and Nagios
- Solid experience with the linux operating system and command set
- Thorough knowledge of physical and logical disk systems and their impact on database performance.
- NetApp storage experience a plus.High degree of skill with database commands and utilities such as exp, imp, sql loader, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of database administration tasks such as hot and cold backups, database recovery, tablespace additions, security, etc.
- Advanced installation and configuration experience.
- Ability to write and maintain documentation describing changes and modifications to all systems and databases
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Project team membership – Understanding of team member requirements/expectations
- Capable of working and managing multiple diverse projects
Clear Capital is the premier provider of real estate valuation, analytics, and technology solutions. Powered by its more than 45 years worth of information on nearly every U.S. metro, neighborhood, and property, Clear Capital’s solutions are trusted by community credit unions and billion-dollar financial institutions alike. Clear Capital is headquartered in Reno-Tahoe with a team of more than 500 nationwide, dedicated to going wherever it leads, and doing whatever it takes.
To all recruitment agencies: Clear Capital does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Clear Capital employees or any other company location. Clear Capital is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Salary commensurate with experience
Clear Capital is an equal opportunity employer