Software Engineer - Data Visualization
Annapolis Junction, MD /
Intelligence – Software Engineering /
Join ClearEdge and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the DoD’s most complex technical challenges. Every day, ClearEdge empowers customers in Government and industry with innovative data driven solutions.
Check out our extremely competitive benefits package at clearedgeit.com/benefits which includes a 10k annual training/education benefit, tech bonuses, and state of the art technology lab. We also offer monthly TechConnect and DeepDive collaboration sessions with our entire technical staff, fully paid.
Your mission: Work with a dynamic team and key stakeholders to generate and execute challenging solutions to mission problems.
We are seeking Software Engineers of all levels who are experienced with data visualization, interactive data-driven visualizations, and user interface design. The position requires a self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills. The right person will work closely with the customer to gather requirements for the design and development of data visualization software, techniques, and algorithms.
The candidate should have experience creating and building custom, re-usable data visualizations based on statistical and mathematical modeling and data analysis to be used to solve a variety of problems related to data reporting. Seeking engineers with the ability to overcome information overload, are familiar with accessibility compliance, information design, and human factors and usability design.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Results-oriented developer who can leverage your technical skills and techniques to successfully design, develop, and deploy analytic software solutions
- Self-motivated with a desire to build new skills
- Are familiar with Agile frameworks and methodologies with a desire to be a certified SCRUM Master
- Enjoy learning new technologies, are a forward thinker, and are interested in growing your career with a cutting-edge technology company
A day in the life consists of:
- Designing, developing, and deploying data visualizations, interactive dashboards, and user interface solutions
- Applying knowledge of technical computing platforms, tools, and techniques to analyze information and data requirements obtained from data scientists, analysts, and other business stakeholders
- Planning and proposing solutions for the optimization of data integration strategies, intuitive designs, and enterprise interactive dashboards
- Formulating simulation models of operational problems and proposed solutions related to integrating and analyzing using dynamic data visualizations that incorporate intuitive interfaces, infographics, interactive drill-downs, movements
- Working across multi-functional teams to formulate, prototype, implement, and fine tune solutions
- Educating product development and operations teams on the use of data visualizations developed
- Collecting feedback to make continuous improvements to new and existing data visualizations
- Contributing to guidelines and design conventions and standards for modeling and data visualizations
- Establishing strong, collaborative working relationships with Government customers, technical staff, and peers
What we are expecting from you:
- Experience in the design, development, and deployment of software systems
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline
- Front-end application frameworks such as Vue, React, Angular
- HTML/CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap, Zurb, Material
- Strong analysis and problem-solving experience
Nice to have:
- Comfortable meeting with customers and peers to explore change requests, bugs and new ideas
- Customer technical support experience
- Documentation experience, to include up-front design documentation
About us: Experienced advanced analytic development company providing new Cyber solutions to current and emerging missions.
Our Core Values of Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Accountability drive our mission and vision and are the heart of what we do each day. We combine our Core Values with the three key elements of people, technology, and integrity to repeatedly deliver stellar results within our primary competencies.
ClearEdge is also pleased to share that we have recently expanded our prime and subcontract presence into new Cyber markets!
If this position does not fit your skillset, please visit our Careers page to explore our current openings, or contact a ClearEdge recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org. ClearEdge is an equal opportunity employer.