Software Engineer - Cloud Analytic Developer
Annapolis Junction, MD /
Intelligence – Software Engineering /
Join ClearEdge and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the DoD’s most complex technical challenges. Every day, ClearEdge empowers customers in Government and industry with innovative data driven solutions.
Check out our extremely competitive benefits package at clearedgeit.com/benefits which includes a 10k annual training/education benefit, tech bonuses, and state of the art technology lab. We also offer monthly TechConnect and DeepDive collaboration sessions with our entire technical staff, fully paid.
Your mission: Work with a dynamic team and key stakeholders to generate and execute challenging solutions to mission problems.
We are seeking Senior Software Engineers and Solutions Architects with Cloud Data Analytics development experience. The position requires a self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills. The right person will work closely with the customer to gather requirements for critical mission support. The candidate should be experienced with development, deployment, administration, and integration of data analytic frameworks. A knowledge of bulk, streaming, time series, and graph analytic engineering needed.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Results-oriented developer who can leverage your technical skills and techniques to successfully design, develop, and deploy analytic software solutions
- Self-motivated with a desire to build new skills
- Are familiar with Agile frameworks and methodologies with a desire to be a certified SCRUM Master
- Enjoy learning new technologies, are a forward thinker, and are interested in growing your career with a cutting-edge technology company
A day in the life consists of:
- Creating and deploying software solutions using predictive analytics, big data processing, and/or cloud computing
- Designing and developing data analytic software solutions that use large-scale distributed software techniques
- Working directly with clients, managers and technical staff to understand business needs, develop technical plans, and deliver data-driven analytical solutions that solve client problems
- Performing dataflow, transform, distribution, and ingest engineering
- Working across multi-functional teams to support the integration of multiple formats of data
- Supporting the addition of Data Provenance and design with legal compliance requirements in mind
- Educating product development and operations teams though documentation, presentations and demonstrations
- Establishing strong, collaborative working relationships with Government customers, technical staff, and peers
What we are expecting from you:
- Experience in the design, development, and deployment of data analytic software systems
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline
- Experience with Agile development and Agile tools (i.e. Jira, Confluence)
- Experience within the SIGINT mission environment and an understanding of customer data formats
- Experience with distributed data frameworks such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Nifi
- Experience with multiple types of databases such as NoSQL (HBase), RDBMS, Key-Value, Document (Elastic)
- Strong analysis and problem-solving experience
Nice to have:
- Comfortable meeting with customers and peers to explore change requests, bugs and new ideas
- Understanding of legal requirements in respect to Data Provenance
- Documentation experience, to include up-front design documentation
- DevOps experience in cloud deployments such as Terraform / Ansible
- AWS experience or certification
About us: Experienced advanced analytic development company providing new Cyber solutions to current and emerging missions.
Our Core Values of Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Accountability drive our mission and vision and are the heart of what we do each day. We combine our Core Values with the three key elements of people, technology, and integrity to repeatedly deliver stellar results within our primary competencies.
ClearEdge is also pleased to share that we have recently expanded our prime and subcontract presence into new Cyber markets!
If this position does not fit your skillset, please visit our Careers page to explore our current openings, or contact a ClearEdge recruiter at email@example.com. ClearEdge is an equal opportunity employer.