DevOps Engineer (Level II - Principal)
Annapolis Junction, MD /
Intelligence – DevOps Engineering /
Join ClearEdge and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the DoD’s most complex technical challenges. Every day, ClearEdge empowers customers in Government and industry with innovative data driven solutions.
Check out our extremely competitive benefits package at clearedgeit.com/benefits which includes a 10k annual training/education benefit, tech bonuses, and state of the art technology lab. We also offer monthly TechConnect and DeepDive collaboration sessions with our entire technical staff, fully paid.
Your mission: Work with a dynamic team and key stakeholders to generate and execute challenging solutions to mission problems.
We are seeking Software Engineers with DevOps experience. The position requires a self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills. The right person will work closely with the technical team to gather requirements for architecting, deploying, and maintaining operational systems. The candidate should have software engineering fundamentals, programming experience, scripting knowledge, and a development operations (DevOps) skill set with a firm understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Results-oriented developer who can leverage technical skills and techniques to successfully design, develop, and deploy analytic software solutions
- Self-motivated with a desire to build new skills
- Familiar with Agile frameworks and methodologies
- Enjoy learning new technologies, are a forward thinker, and are interested in growing your career with a cutting-edge technology company
A day in the life:
- Working with the technical lead to design, implement, and maintain a DevOps CI/CD pipeline supporting a family of products starting from developer code commits through application deployment
- Exploring alternatives to solutions including prototyping a wide array of architectures focused on CI/CD and operational systems
What we are expecting from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline is required
- Must have 5 years of Software Development experience and at least 3 in a DevOps capacity (will be considering anyone with 5 to 30+ years of experience)
- Understanding of git and git branching strategies
- Experience using Continuous Delivery tools such as Flux or ArgoCD
- Experience building Docker images, running Docker containers, and deploying full stack applications to a Kubernetes cluster
- Understands the Agile and DevOps principles and uses them in their day to day regime
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with full stack web development
- Experience with AWS is highly desired
- Data parsing/transforming techniques to include JSON, XML, CSV formats
About us: Experienced advanced analytic development company providing new Cyber solutions to current and emerging missions.
Our Core Values of Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Accountability drive our mission and vision and are the heart of what we do each day. We combine our Core Values with the three key elements of people, technology, and integrity to repeatedly deliver stellar results within our primary competencies.
ClearEdge is also pleased to share that we have recently expanded our prime and subcontract presence into new Cyber markets!
If this position does not fit your skillset, please visit our Careers page to explore our current openings, or contact a ClearEdge recruiter at email@example.com. ClearEdge is an equal opportunity employer.