Senior Systems Engineer
Annapolis Junction, MD /
Intelligence – Systems Engineering /
Join ClearEdge and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the DoD’s most complex technical challenges. Every day, ClearEdge empowers customers in Government and industry with innovative data driven solutions.
Check out our extremely competitive benefits package at clearedgeit.com/benefits which includes a 10k annual training/education benefit, tech bonuses, and state of the art technology lab. We also offer monthly TechConnect and DeepDive collaboration sessions with our entire technical staff, fully paid.
Your mission: Work with multi-talented team and key stakeholders to provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT systems in support of customer mission.
We are seeking an experienced systems engineering professional to support our customer’s ongoing mission by applying system engineering principles throughout the system’s life cycle phases. The candidate will work closely with the customer to gather requirements for assisting and solving real world mission problems. The position calls for leadership of the overall technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed as well as support to project planning assessment, control, and risk management of overall program.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Detail Oriented: You focus on details and have a keen eye for understanding mission nuance, and are able to present materials effectively to diverse audiences
- Interested in Knowing Mission Drivers: You have a strong interest in learning the customer’s mission strategic goals and tactical objectives
- Embracing of Emerging Technology: You will leverage your knowledge and skills in modern DevOps technologies to increase efficiency and mission effectiveness
- A Technical Leader & Mentor: You have a passion for leading technical team efforts toward agile and iterative solutions, enjoying the journey as much as the destination
- Well-Rounded: You bring in-depth software engineering experience together with practical systems engineering experience across multiple and varying technologies and disciplines
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things, work with new technologies and solve unprecedented problems
A day in the life consists of:
- Working directly with stakeholders to thoroughly understand mission use case goals and translate them into executable technical plans
- Leading efforts to integrate and implement software and system solutions and / or upgrades
- Leading the technical execution of the project to include planning, control, risk management and trade-off analysis
- Working with program management and project team to develop and maintain project execution
- Supporting and enabling process and process improvements
What we are expecting from you:
- 15 years of systems engineering experience
- Bachelor’s or advanced Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline
- Experience in multiple facets of the program Lifecycle, (concept, development, production, utilization, and support)
- Working knowledge of DODAF frameworks
- Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures
Nice to have:
- Software development experience
- Agile/SCRUM team process leadership experience
- Experience in IC mission
- Working knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Working knowledge of Public cloud providers (e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Familiarity with container orchestration services, (Kubernetes)
- Experience with formal Change Management and Configuration Management processes
About us: Experienced advanced analytic development company providing new Cyber solutions to current and emerging missions.
Our Core Values of Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Accountability drive our mission and vision and are the heart of what we do each day. We combine our Core Values with the three key elements of people, technology, and integrity to repeatedly deliver stellar results within our primary competencies.
ClearEdge is also pleased to share that we have recently expanded our prime and subcontract presence into new Cyber markets!
If this position does not fit your skillset, please visit our Careers page to explore our current openings, or contact a ClearEdge recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org. ClearEdge is an equal opportunity employer.