Annapolis Junction, MD /
Cyber – DevOps Engineering /
Join ClearEdge and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the DoD’s most complex technical challenges. Every day, ClearEdge empowers customers in Government and industry with innovative data driven solutions.
Check out our extremely competitive benefits package at clearedgeit.com/benefits which includes a 10k annual training/education benefit, tech bonuses, and state of the art technology lab. We also offer monthly TechConnect and DeepDive collaboration sessions with our entire technical staff, fully paid.
Your mission: Work with a dynamic team and key stakeholders to generate and execute challenging solutions to mission problems.
We are seeking Software Engineers of all levels with DevOps experience. The position requires a self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills. The right person will work closely with the customer to gather requirements for architecting, deploying, and maintaining operational systems. The candidate should have software engineering fundamentals, programming, scripting knowledge, and a development operations (DevOps) skill set.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Results-oriented developer who can leverage your technical skills and techniques to successfully design, develop, and deploy analytic software solutions
- Self-motivated with a desire to build new skills
- Are familiar with Agile frameworks and methodologies with a desire to be a certified SCRUM Master
- Enjoy learning new technologies, are a forward thinker, and are interested in growing your career with a cutting-edge technology company
A day in the life:
- Significantly contribute to the development of custom software components and integration of open source code to address complex time series analysis problems through the use of cutting edge Big Data/Cloud technology
- Design and implement core architecture and capabilities for software from prototype to operational applications
- Exploring alternatives and quickly prototyping to validate hypothetical architectures or solutions
What we are expecting from you:
- A current security clearance is not required on day one, but will be processed for a clearance and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. Can hold a Secret and Top Secret level security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline is required
- Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience
- Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience
- Must have 8+ years of experience in DevOps Engineering or Software Development (Java preferred)
- Must have experience with Cloud related technologies such as Hadoop and NoSQL databases
- Must have prior experience with Distributed Computing and Big Data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Certifications to meet the DOD 8570 IAT certifications (i.e. Security+ or higher level)
- Experience with AWS is highly desired
- Prior experience or familiarity with our Big Data Platform is a plus
- Data parsing/transforming techniques to include JSON, XML, CSV formats
- Understanding of AGILE software development methodologies and use of standard software development tool suites. (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Github Enterprise, etc.)
About us: Experienced advanced analytic development company providing new Cyber solutions to current and emerging missions.
Our Core Values of Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Accountability drive our mission and vision and are the heart of what we do each day. We combine our Core Values with the three key elements of people, technology, and integrity to repeatedly deliver stellar results within our primary competencies.
ClearEdge is also pleased to share that we have recently expanded our prime and subcontract presence into new Cyber markets!
If this position does not fit your skillset, please visit our Careers page to explore our current openings, or contact a ClearEdge recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org. ClearEdge is an equal opportunity employer.