Annapolis Junction, MD /
Cyber – System Administration /
Join ClearEdge and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the DoD’s most complex technical challenges. Every day, ClearEdge empowers customers in Government and industry with innovative data driven solutions.
Check out our extremely competitive benefits package at clearedgeit.com/benefits which includes a 10k annual training/education benefit, tech bonuses, and state of the art technology lab. We also offer monthly TechConnect and DeepDive collaboration sessions with our entire technical staff, fully paid.
Your mission: Work with a platform team to provide a great user experience through reliable systems.
This position is for you if you are self-sufficient with the ability to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills. You will work closely with the customer to gather requirements for functional software applications that solve mission needs. If you like the chance to work within an evolving environment with the ability to influence change, you would like the opportunity on this project.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- A person who enjoys working as a member of an integrated technical team
- Self-motivated with a desire to build new skills
- Familiar with Agile frameworks and methodologies
- A forward thinker, enjoy learning new technologies, and interested in growing your career with a cutting-edge technology company
- Skilled in administration of UNIX and Windows environment
A day in the life consists of:
- Providing support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Managing IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Providing support to IT Systems including day to day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Providing Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Providing support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Providing support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configuring and managing UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
What we are expecting from you:
- 10-15 years experience as systems administrator
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
Nice to have:
- Support the design of systems, mission architecture and associated hardware
- Possess a working knowledge and understanding of system administration interdependencies as part of the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with server hardware, applications and software integration
About us: Experienced advanced analytic development company providing new Cyber solutions to current and emerging missions.
Our Core Values of Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Accountability drive our mission and vision and are the heart of what we do each day. We combine our Core Values with the three key elements of people, technology, and integrity to repeatedly deliver stellar results within our primary competencies.
ClearEdge is also pleased to share that we have recently expanded our prime and subcontract presence into new Cyber markets!
If this position does not fit your skillset, please visit our Careers page to explore our current openings, or contact a ClearEdge recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org. ClearEdge is an equal opportunity employer.