Launched in 2014 and based in New York, Clearpool Group, Inc. delivers holistic electronic trading solutions and provides independent agency broker-dealer services.
Clearpool’s Algorithmic Management System (AMS) is transforming electronic trading with a fully customizable suite of algorithmic trading tools, offering total visibility and control from strategy to execution. We’re passionate about working together to make the markets more transparent and helping our clients effectively source liquidity and achieve best ex.
This position is integrated into the development team and responsible for research and development around algorithm strategies, pricing signals, and TCA.
- Perform quantitative research, analysis and development on Clearpool Group’s electronic/algorithmic execution trading systems.
- Use core statistical and machine learning techniques and knowledge of US equity market structure (and micro-structure) to design new trading algorithms and systems, and improve existing ones, with the goal of providing ‘best execution’ on client orders executed on our systems.
- The research tasks require developing research plans, performing extensive data analysis (usually with large amounts of data on orders, trades and market data) and documenting outcomes in reports and presentations.
- The development tasks require writing robust software using good design principles and following practices like continuous integration for efficient development cycles.
- Bachelor, Master’s or PhD in a quantitative field including Statistics, Financial Mathematics, Operations Research, and related fields.
- 1-7 years of working experience in software development and/or quantitative analysis.
- Strong statistical foundation, with good working knowledge of linear regression, classification, clustering, causal inference, time series, and cross sectional modelling.
- Good object oriented design and programming skills using Java (or C++), with knowledge of using efficient data structures.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and work well in a team environment.
- Experience with advanced data science modelling techniques, including Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, and Regularized Regression.
- Experience working with numerical computing tools including Excel, R and Python, and familiarity with data visualization tools such as ggplot.
- Experience dealing with the challenges of large data sets, especially those related to trading (tick/market data, orders and trades), is a plus.
- Knowledge of equity market micro-structure and TCA techniques is a plus.
- Knowledge of JUnit testing, Unix environment, multi-threaded programming, NoSQL databases and AWS is a plus.
You love technology. We love technology & finance. Want to create some Fin-Tech together?
We are on a mission to create advanced trading technologies and deliver the highest quality of service to our partners. We work hard, we laugh a lot, we learn from each other, we challenge each other and we agree to disagree. But at the end of the close we know we’ve done our best to make the markets more transparent, effectively sourced liquidity for our clients, and helped them achieve the best execution.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.