Associate - Earth Exponential
Climate Solutions Platform /
About us The India Climate Collaborative (ICC), registered as ‘Council of Philanthropies for Climate Action’ (CPCA), is a collective working to identify critical sectors that need investment, drive funding towards climate solutions, and enable private and corporate philanthropy to engage more effectively with climate action. We work closely with the climate ecosystem, including research organizations, implementers, government stakeholders, businesses, and more, as well as engage with our domestic and international donor base to ensure that funding flows towards high-impact climate solutions. We were founded by some of India's pre-eminent corporate and philanthropic leaders, including Rohini Nilekani, Ratan Tata, Anand Mahindra, Nadir Godrej, and others.
Our team is a small, tight‐knit group driven by a shared passion for achieving the ICC’s mission and vision. An ideal addition to our team is a self-starter, always willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done. We prefer candidates with a good eye for detail, commitment to a high quality of output, and a team-centric mindset.
Role The ICC seeks an Associate to support the growth of the Earth Exponential platform. Earth Exponential is a digital platform the ICC launched this past July to connect project-based climate non-profits to funders while enhancing the sector’s understanding and knowledge of climate change. You can learn more about some of the solutions on the platform by exploring the website or watching this video.
We are looking for a climate generalist with a strong interest and/or experience in working with grassroots partners or non-profits on implementation, and in undertaking a systems-level approach to addressing climate change. They should have experience with project management and impact measurement, be interested in strategizing and creating program level processes, enjoy working with people and building relationships across the ecosystem, and have an interest in capacity-building and fundraising.
Reporting to the to the Lead – Earth Exponential, they will undertake the following key responsibilities:
• Building an understanding and perspective on climate issues to inform Earth Exponential’s direction
• Building a project curation strategy for the platform, and sourcing new projects based on an understanding of the climate sector in India
• Supporting the revision and updating of a dynamic set of selection criteria for shortlisting projects on the platform
• Liaising with a monitoring and evaluation partner to support CSO’s in their project’s impact measurement
• Liaising with the team and internal stakeholders or vendors to ensure processes such as due diligence, and website development are efficient and thorough
• Building and maintaining high-trust relationships with solution-providers, and managing relationships with key influential technical, capacity-building, and outreach partners in the climate as well as development ecosystems
• Building knowledge and understanding around climate solutions in India with a range of different stakeholders, as well as supporting public outreach for the platform along with being a spokesperson for the platform
• Supporting the facilitation of capacity building efforts for stakeholders on the platform, such as workshops, training sessions, and learning exchanges
• Supporting fundraising efforts by joining calls or meetings with the fundraising team in order to represent the projects and solutions appropriately to potential donors
• Providing additional expertise and support to other sectoral initiatives at the organization as and when needed
These are an indicative list of roles and responsibilities.
- 3-4 years of experience in project implementation at a non-profit, with strong understanding of the development ecosystem in India
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in the field of climate change, environmental science, public policy, international relations and/or related fields with at least 2 years of relevant work in the climate sector
- Basic understanding of domestic corporate philanthropy
- Strong interpersonal skills, and experience in partnership management
- Comfortable working with minimum supervision, and capable of building strategies
- A demonstrated record of effective communication (both written and verbal)
- Ability to manage competing deadlines, process information from multiple sources, and compile and articulate in a presentable manner
- Be a self-starter, flexible and comfortable in the grey to fill gaps in the organization, ready to support where required
- At ease when confronted with tight deadlines
- Familiar with start-up work culture
- Passionate about climate action and ICC’s theory of change
What we offer:
• Working with the leading minds on climate change across philanthropy, research institutions, government and implementing organizations, as part of India’s climate movement
• Growth and exposure in a quickly growing start-up organization, with a young team committed to professional development
• Opportunity to institute best practices, and develop ICC traditions, and be part of building the experience of working at the organization.
• A competitive salary based on industry standards
Terms of employment:
Timeline Prospective candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, and will be interviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the small capacity of our team, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The India Climate Collaborative, registered as the Council of Philanthropies for Climate Action, is an equal opportunity employer.