Manager - Human Resources
Operations – HR and Admin /
About us: The India Climate Collaborative (ICC), registered as ‘Council of Philanthropies for Climate Action’ (CPCA), mobilises funding towards climate change. We identify critical sectors that need investment, while enabling private and corporate philanthropy to engage effectively with climate action. To get this done, we partner with the climate ecosystem, including research organisations, implementers, government stakeholders and businesses. We were founded by some of India's pre-eminent corporate and philanthropic leaders, including Nadir Godrej, Anand Mahindra and Rohini Nilekani and have been incubated by the Tata Trusts.
Our team is small yet mighty, tight‐knit, and driven by a shared passion for achieving our audacious goals. We value self-starters; someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done, while doing it well. Our ideal candidate is mission-driven, has strong attention to detail, and a team-first mindset.
About this role: The Individual will be responsible for all aspects of Human Resources at the ICC. They will have the opportunity to mould the direction of a nascent team with immense potential. We need someone who has experience building systems and navigating people, with priority given to those who have done this at a non-profit or NGO. The Manager will report to ICC’s Head of Engagement, Strategy & Operations.
This position will be responsible for aligning HR initiatives and functions with organizational objectives and needs. Your experience will aid in adding value to overall objectives, providing HR solutions, enhancing employee performance, resolving personnel grievances, retaining a talented workforce, and ensuring compliance with regulations. You will be required to develop and work on the 3 basic areas:
a. Acquisition: Hiring talent from diverse background, compensation & benefit practices
b. Retention: Structures, processes and policies to engage & retain talent
c. Development: Performance management, Career pathing etc.
• Recruit new team members in partnership with ICC’s leadership team, as well as planning and budgeting for team growth.
• Build and implement HR systems and manage the lifecycle of the employee from recruitment, onboarding, payroll processing, employee queries and grievances, and exit.
• Monitors and manages compensation analytics, personnel budgeting and forecasting.
• Solidify paths for growth, performance development, levelling and retention plans and strategies.
• Develops HR strategies, policies, and practices. Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation to all the staff members.
• Create opportunities for employee engagement, team get togethers and help foster a shared culture across remote teams.
• Identifies training needs for the verticals and individual executive coaching needs. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success.
• Work closely with management and employees to embed changes and ensure solutions are sustainable.
• Provides performance management guidance to managers (e.g., on coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• A bachelor's/master’s degree with 5+ years of relevant work experience in Human Resources
• Interest in and understanding of Indian climate and non-profit sectors
• Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience managing external stakeholders
• Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to process information from multiple sources, and compile and articulate it in a presentable manner
• A keen eye for detail
• Ability to think strategically and creatively, meet tight deadlines, and work independently
• Good project management skills with an ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines
Location: Mumbai, hybrid
Contract type: Consultant
Timeline: Prospective candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and will be interviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the small capacity of our team, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The India Climate Collaborative, registered as the Council of Philanthropies for Climate Action, is an equal opportunity employer. The ICC operates via an alliance with the EdelGive Foundation and American Friends of EdelGive Foundation.