Design & Social Media Intern
Communications – Internship /
About us: The India Climate Collaborative (ICC), registered as ‘Council of Philanthropies for Climate Action’ (CPCA), is a collaborative platform launched in 2020 by a group of philanthropists and corporate leaders committed to driving greater and more impactful climate action in India. The ICC’s mission is to deepen and connect the climate ecosystem for a thriving and sustainable world. We are steered by a consortium of Indian philanthropy including Rohini Nilekani Philanthropies, Tata Trusts, Mahindra, and others. Our staff work closely with senior management from our member philanthropies, and collaborate with a wide range of NGOs, government agencies, communities, and climate experts to accelerate climate action.
The ICC team has two arms that work in close consultation – the Engagement team focuses on building and fortifying memberships, fostering the collaborative, and mobilising financial support to the ICC and our programs. The Program team focuses on building programs that engage the ICC funder community in solving India’s climate challenges. The Communications team works to promote the ICC's work, convene the climate communications ecosystem and support the development of an effective narrative for climate action in India. Our team is a small, tight‐knit group driven by a shared passion for achieving the ICC’s mission and vision. An ideal addition to our team is a self-starter, always willing to “roll up their sleeves” and get stuff done.
Role: The ICC is looking for a design and social media intern to support the digital efforts of our fast-growing organisation. The ideal candidate has a passion for climate action, a sleek and malleable aesthetic, and a creative approach to design and building social media campaigns. This is a hands-on position, to gain exposure as part of a young organisation working with leading minds on climate change across philanthropy, research institutions, government, and implementing organisations.
This role will report to the Communications Associate, and be responsible for:
• Co-creating a social media plan for the ICC's channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram) with the communications team
• Ideating, writing, and designing posts and campaigns about the ICC's work, updates in the climate ecosystem, and explainer series on climate change/action in India
• Using a variety of different media to create engaging social media content, including graphics, quizzes, videos/reels, livestreams, etc.
• Tracking insights to understand what kind of content viewers resonate with
• Assisting in coordinating/streamlining efforts between vendors/agencies and our team for different social media campaigns, and managing comprehensive social media calendars
• Creating templates and designing visual content for outreach, events and other communications purposes
• Maintaining the ICC’s brand aesthetic in all design work, with support from the communications team
• Passion for creating written and visual content to support the ICC’s communications strategies
• Comfortable with visual design and photo and video editing
• A sleek aesthetic that can adapt to the ICC's branding
• Familiarity with social media platforms including available media tools, best-suited content to each platform, tips for maximising engagement, and insight tracking
• A thorough approach to research and fact-checking to ensure reliability of information, and the ability to translate complex material into accessible and nuanced content
• Ability to process information from multiple sources, and compile and articulate in a presentable manner
• Excellent written communication and a keen eye for detail
• A self-starter, flexible and ready to support where required
• Familiarity or willingness to work with applications like Canva, Mailchimp, Adobe, etc.
• Access to a laptop/desktop with high-speed internet connectivity.
Location: This position will be remote.
Duration: 4 months (can be extended, depending on organisational needs/performance)
Compensation: Includes a stipend
To apply: Please submit the following:
• A brief letter stating interest and qualifications for the position
• A resume detailing work experience, education, qualifications, and contact information (name, email, phone)
• Samples of visual (graphics/video) and written work created for an external audience
Timeline: Prospective candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and will be interviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the limited capacity of our small team, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The India Climate Collaborative, registered as the Council of Philanthropies for Climate Action, is an equal opportunity employer.