Digital Media Manager
Communications – Communications /
About us The India Climate Collaborative (ICC), registered as ‘Council of Philanthropies for Climate Action’ (CPCA), is a collective working to identify critical sectors that need investment, drive funding towards climate solutions, and enable private and corporate philanthropy to engage more effectively with climate action. We work closely with the climate ecosystem, including research organisations, implementers, government stakeholders, businesses, and more, as well as engage with our domestic and international donor base to ensure that funding flows towards high-impact climate solutions. We were founded by some of India's pre-eminent corporate and philanthropic leaders, including Rohini Nilekani, Ratan Tata, Anand Mahindra, Nadir Godrej, and others.
Our team is a small, tight‐knit group driven by a shared passion for achieving the ICC’s mission and vision. An ideal addition to our team is a self-starter, always willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done. We prefer candidates with a good eye for detail, commitment to a high quality of output, and a team-centric mindset.
Role ICC is ramping up its digital outreach strategy and is looking for a digital communications manager to help build the organisationʼs digital and social presence, namely our owned and operated websites, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube channels. The ideal candidate will have experience managing digital marketing and outreach campaigns.
This role will be a part of the ICC’s communications team and report to the Head Strategy, Operations, and Engagement and be responsible for the following:
1. Direct and own the digital strategy for the India Climate Collaborative.
2. Update and improve ICC’s owned and operated websites to make sure they are current and accurate in partnership with the website developer
3. Troubleshoot any problems or issues with ICC’s owned and operated websites
4. Write website content where appropriate
5. Create strategies to grow subscriber base, maximise search engine optimisation, and track web traffic metrics
6. Build effective strategies for SEO
1. Own social media accounts, design and update social media calendar, and
2. Deliver strong social media campaigns in line with ICC’s communications, fundraising and climate sector goals
3. Create opportunities for engagement with the climate ecosystem and forge partnerships in the digital influencer ecosystem where relevant
4. Cultivate ICC’s social media accounts for opportunities beyond just generating awareness, tying it very clearly to concrete KPIs and KRAs
1. Execute and own the dissemination and design of ICC’s flagship newsletter
2. Plan and run A/B Tests for target audiences where relevant
3. Work on creative strategy, support the team with ideas and execute them with the help of the communications team.
In addition, as and when required, the Digital Media Manager will be expected to support the engagement and communications teams on creating briefing materials, videos, decks, and other content geared towards enhancing ICC’s mission.
• A bachelor’s degree with 6-8+ years of relevant work experience in communications/ digital outreach
• Familiarity with web platforms like Wordpress/Webflow
• Excellence in social media platforms-Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram
• Prior experience liaising and managing third-party vendors like developers or consultants
• Excellent written communication skills, strong copywriting and editing capabilities
• Ability to process information from multiple sources, and compile and articulate it in a presentable manner
• Ability to think strategically and creatively, meet tight deadlines, and work independently
• A keen eye for detail
• Good project management skills with an ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines
• Interest in and understanding of Indian climate and non-profit sectors preferred
Terms of employment:
Timeline: Prospective candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, and will be interviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the small capacity of our team, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.