Earth Exponential Lead
Climate Solutions Platform /
About us The India Climate Collaborative (ICC), registered as ‘Council of Philanthropies for Climate Action’ (CPCA), is a collective working to identify critical sectors that need investment, drive funding towards climate solutions, and enable private and corporate philanthropy to engage more effectively with climate action. We work closely with the climate ecosystem, including research organisations, implementers, government stakeholders, businesses, and more, as well as engage with our domestic and international donor base to ensure that funding flows towards high-impact climate solutions. We were founded by some of India's pre-eminent corporate and philanthropic leaders, including Rohini Nilekani, Ratan Tata, Anand Mahindra, Nadir Godrej, and others.
Our team is a small, tight‐knit group driven by a shared passion for achieving the ICC’s mission and vision. An ideal addition to our team is a self-starter, always willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done. We prefer candidates with a good eye for detail, commitment to a high quality of output, and a team-centric mindset.
Role: The ICC seeks a full-time senior resource tolead, manage and grow Earth Exponential. Earth Exponential is a digital platform the ICC launched this past July to connect project-based climate non-profits to funders while enhancing the sector’s understanding and knowledge of climate change. You can learn more about some of the solutions on the platform by exploring the website or watching this video.
We are looking for a climate generalist who has worked with grassroots partners or non-profits on implementation and is a strong project manager. They should be good at establishing and improving systems, enjoy working with people, and have an interest in fundraising. This role will report to the Head - Engagement, Strategy, and Operations, and will be responsible for:
• Setting the tone and pace for Earth Exponential, including supervising how donors are brought in the door, sourcing relevant projects, and then ensuring the project gets funded.
• Providing guidance and expertise around the kinds of projects that should be selected, based on an understanding of the climate sector in India, as well guidance on monitoring and evaluation to ensure the projects are impactful.
• Building knowledge and understanding around climate solutions in India with a range of different stakeholders.
• Leading the team to source new projects, including new strategies to expand the methods in which these projects are sourced.
• Building and improving the process-flow, as well as finding new avenues to source and secure funding for these projects.
• Owning the operations, budget, execution and growth of the platform, as well as managing high-level donors who support Earth Exponential, and secure new funding for the program as and when required.
• Facilitating new opportunities of growth for the platform, including capacity building or donor/non-profit learning exchanges. In doing so, managing relationships with highly influential partners in the climate and development ecosystem.
• Building and maintaining high-trust relationships with project-based funders, solutions-providers and other partners.
• Managing the relationship with the developer to ensure the platform is operational and effective, as well as owning subsequent improvements of the platform.
• Owning the outreach strategy and working in close partnership with the communications team at the ICC to make sure more people learn about the platform, along with being a spokesperson for the platform.
• Managing a team of 2-4 high-performing individuals, while building a culture of trust, hard work and fun.
Key criteria for selection:
• 12-13 years of experience in business development,fundraising, project implementation at a non-profit or as an entrepreneur
• Bachelors/master’s degree in the field of environmental science, international development or public policy and/or related field with 5+ years of relevant work in climate change
• A strong understanding of domestic corporate philanthropy, or at the very least,experience in the execution of CSR funded projects
• Strong interpersonal skills, and experience in partnership management and building donor relationships
• Comfortable working with minimum supervision, and capable of building strategies as well as project-managing
• A demonstrated record of effective communication (both written and verbal)
• Ability to manage competing deadlines, process information from multiple sources, and compile and articulate in a presentable manner
• Be a self-starter, flexible and comfortable in the grey to fill gaps in the organization, ready to support where required
• At ease when confronted with tight deadlines
• Previous experience of managing teams
• Familiar with start-upwork culture
• Passionate about climate action and ICC’s theory of change
What we offer:
• Working with the leading minds on climate change across philanthropy, research institutions, government and implementing organisations, as part of India’s climate movement
• Growth and exposure in a quickly growing start-up organization, with a young team committed to professional development.
• Opportunity to institute best practices, and develop ICC traditions, and be part of building the experience of working at the organisation.
• A competitive salary based on industry standards.
Reporting to: Head – Engagement, Strategy and Operations