Engagement – Communications /
About us The India Climate Collaborative (ICC), registered as ‘Council of Philanthropies for Climate Action’ (CPCA), is a collaborative platform launched in 2020 by a group of philanthropists and corporate leaders committed to driving greater and more impactful climate action in India. The ICC’s mission is to deepen and connect the climate ecosystem for a thriving and sustainable world. We are steered by a consortium of Indian philanthropy including Rohini Nilekani Philanthropies, Tata Trusts, Mahindra, and others. Our staff work closely with senior management from our member philanthropies, and collaborate with a wide range of NGOs, government agencies, communities, and climate experts to accelerate climate action.
The ICC team has two arms that work in close consultation – the Engagement team focuses on building and fortifying memberships, fostering the collaborative, and mobilising financial support to the ICC and our programs. The Program team focuses on building programs that engage the ICC funder community in solving India’s climate challenges. The Communications team works to promote the ICC's work, convene the climate communications ecosystem, and support the development of an effective narrative for climate action in India. Our team is a small, tight‐knit group driven by a shared passion for achieving the ICC’s mission and vision. An ideal addition to our team is a self-starter, always willing to “roll up their sleeves” and get stuff done.
Role The ICC is looking for a Communications Manager to lead our Communications vertical and support the efforts of our Program and Engagement teams. This position entails leading the development and implementation of the ICC's communications strategy, managing media engagements and outreach, overseeing communications grants, and finding compelling narratives and mediums to drive action on climate change. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of the Indian climate communications sector, a keen eye for detail, and the capacity to work well within a dynamic, cross-functional organisation. The Communications Manager will work closely with the ICC network, and support our aim of developing a uniquely Indian, solutions-focused, inclusive, and accessible narrative for climate action in the country.
This role will report to the CEO and will be responsible for:
• Co-developing and implementing the ICC's communications strategy, including tracking and evaluating impact
• Building strong relationships with partners in the climate ecosystem and working closely with them to support communications efforts and identify ecosystem capacity gaps
• Increasing public dissemination of ICC programmatic work and thought leadership, in collaboration with the Program and Engagement teams through collaboration and outreach, social media, and media engagement
• Programing high-level events and convenings for donors and other stakeholders in the climate ecosystem
• Leading and managing the public relations of the ICC with different forms of media – print, digital and television, through media release, articles, talking points etc.
• Leading the communications team and the ICC network to create and disseminate accessible and compelling communications materials to support India’s climate movement through the ICC’s social media, network, and partnerships
• Working to identify vendors and partners to design and implement projects that align with the ICC's communications goals, and oversee the development of these projects
• Securing grants and managing budgets for ICC communications
• Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of relevant work experience in a communications role
• A strong background in climate issues and an understanding of the Indian climate landscape
• Previous experience of managing a team
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively in a style appropriate to a range of stakeholders
• Good working knowledge of the Indian media landscape, both on and off-line
• Experience hosting convenings, building strategy, and mediating collaboration amongst multiple stakeholders
• A keen eye for detail
• Good project management skills with an ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines
• Prior experience of contracting and managing third party vendors including designers, agencies, artists, etc. is preferred
• Relevant prior experience in a communications role in the social sector is preferred
• Ability to process information from multiple sources, and compile and articulate in a presentable manner
Terms of Employment
This role will be from India Climate Collaborative - EdelGive Foundation alliance
Reporting Manager CEO
Location Mumbai, presently remote
Nature of the role Consultant
To apply, please submit the following:
• A brief letter stating interest and qualifications for the position
• A resume detailing work experience, education, qualifications, and contact information (name, email, phone) for at least one professional reference
Timeline Prospective candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and will be interviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the small capacity of our team, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The India Climate Collaborative, registered as the Council of Philanthropies for Climate Action, is an equal opportunity employer