Communications – Communications /
About the India Climate Collaborative:
The India Climate Collaborative is a collective working to identify critical sectors that need investment, drive funding towards climate solutions, and enable private and corporate philanthropy to engage more effectively with climate action. We work closely with the climate ecosystem, including research organisations, implementers, government stakeholders, businesses, and more, as well as engage with our domestic and international donor base to ensure that funding flows towards high-impact climate solutions. Recognising that the climate ecosystem in India often operates in silos, we use our unique position to convene a variety of stakeholders and increase knowledge sharing, collaboration, and collective action. We were founded by some of India's pre-eminent corporate and philanthropic leaders, including Rohini Nilekani, Ratan Tata, Anand Mahindra, Nadir Godrej, and others.
About the role:
Are you a creative, results and detail-oriented self-starter? Are you excited to devise communications strategies that tell stories about a key social issue in an accessible and engaging way? If you answered “yes” to these questions, this may be the role for you!
The ICC is looking for a Communications Associate to join our fast-growing team. The ideal candidate has a passion for climate action, likes building campaigns that talk to many different types of stakeholders, and the ability to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional organization. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up their sleeves”, have thrived and succeeded in establishing new processes and systems in a highly ambiguous environment, and knows how to be scrappy while operating as part of a fast-paced team and organization.
What you will do:
• Write and produce high quality communication materials, and effectively communicate these across key audiences; while ensuring that they conform to ICC standards and promote the image and objectives of the ICC
• Maintain an effective social media presence for ICC by drafting, editing and publishing content on social media channels including LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
• Plan and manage the ICC monthly newsletter end-to-end
• Manage the public relations of the ICC with all forms of media – print, digital and television through the development and delivery of media releases, media briefings, etc.
• Act as the brand guardian of the ICC to ensure consistency across internal and external communications and documents
• Manage the organisation’s website by ensuring it is up to date, accurate and compelling (through a consultant if required)
• Ensure that periodical communication planning takes place with detailed calendars developed, and communication monitored
• Help the program team with articulating the research data into visually appealing reports and presentations
• Ensure quality control of all communications products as per ICC standards for the entire project (including products created by partners).
• Lead the conceptualisation and design of ICC digital assets (websites and dashboards) in coordination with the digital partner.
• Demonstrate eye for detail and ensure all deliverables are of high quality
• Develop consumable content for a variety of communications material including blogs, press releases, newsletters, social media, videos among others.
What you will need:
• A bachelor’s degree with 3-6 years of relevant work experience in a communications role
• Excellent written communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively in a style appropriate to a range of stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent knowledge of the digital media landscape (Social Media, SEO, Google Analytics, and Wordpress)
• Prior experience of contracting and managing 3rd party designers, agencies, artists, etc. is preferred
• Relevant prior experience in a communications role in the development consulting/social sector/print media is preferred
• Ability to process information from multiple sources, and compile and articulate in a presentable manner
• Good working knowledge of the Indian media landscape, both on and off-line
• Good project management skills with an ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated experience in writing for the web and day-to-day running of social media accounts (with sensitivity and an understanding of different audiences and subject matter)