Senior Associate - India Climate Leaders
India Climate Leaders /
About us: The India Climate Collaborative (ICC), registered as Council of Philanthropies for Climate Action (CPCA), is a collective working to identify critical sectors that need investment, drive funding towards climate solutions, and enable private and corporate philanthropy to engage more effectively with climate action. We work closely with the climate ecosystem, including research organisations, implementers, government stakeholders, businesses, and more, as well as engage with our domestic and international donor base to ensure that funding flows towards high-impact climate solutions. We were founded by some of India's pre-eminent corporate and philanthropic leaders, including Rohini Nilekani, Ratan Tata, Anand Mahindra, Nadir Godrej, and others.
Our team is a small, tight‐knit group driven by a shared passion for achieving the ICC’s mission and vision. An ideal addition to our team is a self-starter, always willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done. We prefer candidates with a good eye for detail, commitment to a high quality of output, and a team-centric mindset.
Role: India, with all its existing development challenges, needs a unique paradigm and pathway toward a climate-secure future – one that can serve as a critical voice for the global South. To do so, it is key to have Indian leadership at the helm of this transition, that can set the agenda for India’s low-carbon growth story. In this context, the ICC’s new platform, India Climate Leaders (ICL), will work to engage ultra-and high-net-worth individuals (UHNIs and HNIs) in India to build and empower a set of climate leaders through a range of services on the platform. These leaders can take ownership of the climate mandate, aligned with India’s ambitious mitigation targets and development priorities, and publicly champion the urgency to accelerate climate funding and action. To provide curated and structured support to our on-boarded leaders, we are looking for a Senior Associate who can liaise with the donors and their teams, understand their priorities and goals, and support ICL in providing customised advisory servicesto the donors.
This role will report to the Senior Manager - ICL, and be responsible for:
• Working closely with donors and their teams to understand investment/grant priorities and engagement/thought leadership goals
• Assisting donors with relevant research (sectoral/thematic/solution specific); tracking key updates nationally and globally and filtering and structuring them to communicate to donors in an easy-to-digest format
• Building and managing relationships with ecosystem stakeholders that are key to the donor’s investment/grant universe – for example, in the case of climate-tech, relationships with start-ups, VCs, etc.
• Supporting the donors on specific investment opportunities with solution providers, including curating and filtering proposals, interacting with solution providers etc.
• Facilitating engagements for donors with relevant stakeholders, preparing donors for these meetings, following up on key action points post the meetings, and managing/cementing emerging relationships for donors
• Working with the ICL team to oversee the work of external ICL partners that are providing support services to donors, such as due diligence and MEL
• A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in the fields of engineering, energy systems, sustainable energy, or related subjects with 5+ years of relevant work experience
• A strong understanding of the climate mitigation landscape with some specific knowledge around climate tech
• Prior experience with stakeholder engagement and management, preferably with a diverse spectrum of stakeholders including UHNIs/HNIs, tech founders, implementation agencies, and consultants
• Excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail
• Good project management skills with an ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines
• Prior experience in contracting and managing third-party vendors
Terms of Employment:
Employment Type: Consultant
Reporting Manager: Senior Manager, ICL
Timeline: Prospective candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and will be interviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the limited capacity of our small team, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The India Climate Collaborative, registered as the Council of Philanthropies for Climate Action, is an equal opportunity employer.