Senior Program Associate
About us: The India Climate Collaborative (ICC), registered as ‘Council of Philanthropies for Climate Action’ (CPCA), mobilises funding towards climate change. We identify critical sectors that need investment, while enabling private and corporate philanthropy to engage effectively with climate action. To get this done, we partner with the climate ecosystem, including research organisations, implementers, government stakeholders and businesses. We were founded by some of India's pre-eminent corporate and philanthropic leaders, including Nadir Godrej, Anand Mahindra and Rohini Nilekani and have been incubated by the Tata Trusts.
Our team is small yet mighty, tight‐knit, and driven by a shared passion for achieving our audacious goals. We value self-starters; someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done, while doing it well. Our ideal candidate is mission-driven, has strong attention to detail, and a team-first mindset.
About this role: The ICC’s Senior Program Associate will be responsible for all aspects of supporting Transition Programme at the ICC. They will have the opportunity to mould the direction of a nascent team with immense potential. We need someone who has experience building systems and navigating people, with priority given to those who have done this at a non-profit or NGO. The Senior Programme Associate will report to ICC’s Senior Programme Manager.
- Grants/Programme Management:
- Support day-to-day execution and management work in energy transition Programme. This includes internal and external coordination and communication, planning and follow-ups with all programme partners and stakeholders.
- Overseeing grant management and liaise with partner organizations end to end from identifying, designing, sourcing, finalizing and regular monitoring till the closing of the grants. This includes daily to monthly management of process steps and trackers for grant management like deliverables, budget and invoicing.
- Donor Management:
- Creating donor deliverables and request responses including presentations, trackers, reports and briefs for monthly to annual touch points with programme co-funders
- Setting up regular cadence of communication and follow up with multi-donors through offline and online platforms.
- Supporting the team in creating any donor collateral, newsletter output or deliverable for fundraising, reporting and grant extension/closure.
- Insights and Knowledge Generation:
- Keep yourself abreast of the developments and conversations in the transition landscape through readings and engagement in events
- Develop and/or support sectoral knowledge products on topics like transition, green growth and skilling that can be circulated in the sector to share insights and learnings from the sector
• A Bachelors/master’s degree in the field of environmental science, international development or public policy and/or related field with 5+ years of relevant work experience in strategy management, climate consulting and policy research
• Experience of working in priority transition geographies like Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Tamil Nadu is a plus but not essential
• Interest in and understanding of Indian climate and non-profit sectors
• Effective communication skills (both written and verbal). Demonstrated experience in high quality working on deliverables and outputs like detailed reports, strategic presentation and excel sheet.
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience managing external stakeholders
• Ability to process information from multiple sources, and compile and articulate it in a presentable manner.
• A keen eye for detail and thorough reviewer
• Ability to think strategically and creatively, meet tight deadlines, and work independently
• Excellent at multitasking and project management skills with an ability to manage competing deadlines. Highly organized and is able to manage large volume of work efficiently
• Solutions oriented and self-started. Resourceful and adaptive in thinking
Terms of employment:
Timeline: Prospective candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, and will be interviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the small capacity of our team, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.