Program – Climate Solutions Platform /
The India Climate Collaborative (ICC), registered as ‘Council of Philanthropies for Climate Action’ (CPCA), is a collaborative platform launched in 2020 by a group of philanthropists and corporate leaders committed to driving greater and more impactful climate action in India. The ICC’s mission is to deepen and connect the climate ecosystem for a thriving and sustainable world. We are steered by a consortium of Indian philanthropy including Rohini Nilekani Philanthropies, Tata Trusts, Mahindra, and others. Our staff work closely with senior management from our member philanthropies, and collaborate with a wide range of NGOs, government agencies, communities, and climate experts to accelerate climate action.The staff comprises of a small, tight‐knit team that is driven by a shared passion for achieving their mission and vision. The ideal team member is always willing to “roll up their sleeves” and get stuff done as part of the ICC team.
ICC is looking for a Program Associate for a soon-to-be-launched initiative that sources and showcases climate solutions for different funding actors. The ideal candidate has a passion for climate action with specific experience in climate change mitigation (preferably in the Energy Sector), likes building interventions that talk to many different types of stakeholders, and the ability to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional organization. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must have thrived and succeeded in establishing new processes and systems in a highly ambiguous environment, andknows how to be scrappy while operating as part of a fast-paced team and organization.
The consultant will support the team as needed as we respond to the evolving challenges of the ecosystem.
This role will report to the Program Consultant and work closely with the Climate Solutions Platform team, and have the following responsibilities:
• Liaise with implementing organizations to identify and shortlist climate solutions
• Liaise with technical experts and consultants for building out the process of curating climate solutions
• Develop relevant documents and presentations (meeting minutes, concept notes, request for proposals, decks, etc.)
• Provide critical thinking and analysis to ICC team to power knowledge management
• Develop and deliver structured communication towards specific goals
• Perform other tasks as required, including working with other teams within the organisation as relevant
• Growth and exposure in a quickly growing start-up organization, with a team committed to professional development
• Empowered to institute best practices, develop ICC traditions, and be part of building the experience of working at the organisation
• Working with the leading minds on climate change across philanthropy, research institutions, government and implementing organisations, as part of India’s climate movement
• 3-5 years of experience in any climate subsectors in India; with specific experience working in clean energy and climate change mitigation. Experience in the development sector working at/with civil society organisation(s) is a plus
• Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• A demonstrated record of effective communication (both written and verbal)
• Strong interpersonal skills, and experience managing external stakeholders including implementation partners and technical advisors
• Ability to process information from multiple sources, and compile and articulate in a presentable manner
• Must be a strategic and creative thinker, detail and result oriented, have an ability to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
• Be a self-starter, flexible and comfortable in the grey to fill gaps in the organization, ready to support where required
• Able to listen to others and learn from their ideas with a sense of inquisitiveness and intellectual curiosity
Terms of Employment
Location: Mumbai, presently remote
To apply, please submit the following:
• A resume detailing work experience, education, qualifications, and contact information (name, email, phone) for at least one professional reference
• A brief letter stating interest and qualifications for the position
Timeline: Prospective candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and will be interviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the small capacity of our team, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The India Climate Collaborative, registered as the Council of Philanthropies for Climate Action, is an equal opportunity employer.