Climate Power - Director, Mobilization
Washington, DC /
About Climate Power
Climate Power is an independent strategic communications and paid media operation focused on building the political will and public support for bold climate action. Founded by the Center for American Progress Action Fund, League of Conservation Voters, and Sierra Club, Climate Power integrates hard-hitting research, polling, state and national earned media, digital and paid media to influence the national conversation, embolden leaders to take immediate, bold climate action, and expose climate deniers and their oil and gas lobby allies.
About This Role
Climate Power has an immediate opening for a Mobilization Director to grow, activate and engage grassroots audiences across email and SMS networks to take action to combat the climate crisis.
- Manage the strategic direction of grassroots activation, including email and SMS programs, finding opportunities for experimentation and new tactics, leading strategy to achieve advocacy, fundraising, and electoral goals
- Hire, lead, champion, and mentor a team of strategists and writers by providing professional development and growth, consistent and actionable feedback and communication, and guidance on building an engaged audience of grassroots activists and supporters
- Work with Deputy Managing Director, Online Fundraising Lead, and other stakeholders to develop and implement a grassroots fundraising program
- Develop a data-first approach to audience development and organizing
- Ideate and develop strategies for engaging activists to activate their networks and build a narrative for climate action online
- Work cross-team to ensure organizational objectives align with the digital organizing program
- Build and oversee a grassroots content distribution program that will drive an online and irl conversation for climate action.
- Grow and manage a network of climate activists and volunteers to win the fight for a clean energy future
- Oversee relationships with vendors, including mutually setting goals and holding vendors accountable to achieving those goals
Additional responsibilities may be assigned as need and capacity dictate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience in digital fundraising or organizing in a campaign, nonprofit, or issue advocacy setting
- 3 years of supervisory experience, may include managing projects or teams
- A strong understanding of the digital landscape and how to move supporters to take action online and/or online-to-offline advocacy
- An execution-focused approach: You can not only identify problems, but you can build and implement plans to solve them
- Experience managing, mentoring, and developing staff for short- and long-term growth potential
- Experience in list growth across email and/or SMS
- Extensive experience with a mailer – EveryAction, Action Network, or similar
- Experience with SMS tools – MobileCommons, Scale to Win, Hustle, or similar
- Experience running or supporting acquisition campaigns is helpful but not required
- Open to developing new skills and experimenting with new tactics
- Climate issue advocacy or campaign experience a plus
$113,582 - $135,277 a year
Compensation is based on experience.
Climate Power is a fiscally sponsored project of Resources Legacy Fund (RLF) and Fund for a Better Future (FBF). We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) plan, student loan repayment assistance, and generous paid time off.
RLF and FBF are equal opportunity employers and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation.