Climate Power - Manager, Digital Outreach
Washington, DC / Remote /
***First round interviews for this position have begun. New resume submissions will be reviewed on an as-needed basis.***
Climate Power has an immediate opening for a Digital Outreach Manager to work with the Digital Platforms team. The role will seed and curate pro-climate content on the Internet through the development and execution of a social media influencer program in order to reach more communities with key climate messaging, and drive action in support of climate legislation.
Climate Power is an independent strategic communications and paid media operation focused on building the political will and public support for bold climate action. Founded by the Center for American Progress Action Fund, League of Conservation Voters, and Sierra Club, Climate Power integrates hard-hitting research, polling, state and national earned media, digital and paid media to influence the national conversation, embolden leaders to take immediate, bold climate action, and expose climate deniers and their oil and gas lobby allies.
- Work with Platforms Director to develop and manage the execution of Climate Power’s social media influencer program.
- Identify and recruit social media influencers and digital creators as key partners for Climate Power.
- Regularly communicate with social media influencers and digital creators as needed on behalf of Climate Power.
- Draft creative briefs for influencers and coordinate graphic production as needed.
- Work with the Platforms Director to integrate the influencer program with broader Digital Platforms strategy and cross-departmental priorities.
- Create regular programming and/or community building opportunities for digital creators.
- Develop and oversee other unique ways to develop decentralized content creation.
- Share Climate Power content with digital working groups and partners as needed
- Build key performance indicators [ KPIs], reporting, and generate insights on influencer initiatives.
Requirements & Qualifications
- At least three years’ work experience in social media influencer marketing, talent management, or social media content creation including sourcing, onboarding and partner management .
- Relevant experience: Experience either in-house at a political organization or nonprofit, and/or advertising agency is a plus.
- Relationship management skills: Ability to create and develop relationships with outside parties on behalf of Climate Power. Interpersonal communication skills and a desire to and understanding of how to form strong partnerships is a must.
- Communication skills: Ability to distill complicated ideas in simple terms; excellent written and verbal skills.
- Project management skills: Ability to manage tasks and workflow and work within the team to meet deadlines; strong attention to detail.
- Collaboration skills: Ability to pitch ideas and keep staff up to date on projects; flexibility to work closely with teams across disciplines; ability to work as part of a team.
- Problem-solving skills: Self-motivated ability to solve complex problems in an innovative, effective, and timely manner.
This full time exempt position reports to Climate Power’s Digital Platforms Director.
Climate Power is a fiscally sponsored project of Resources Legacy Fund (RLF) and Fund for a Better Future (FBF). RLF and FBF are equal opportunity employers and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation.
Pay for this position is commensurate with experience and responsibilities. The salary range for this position starts at $65,000. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) plan, and generous paid time off.