Climate Power - Digital Communications Associate
Washington, DC / Remote /
Climate Power has an immediate opening for a Digital Communications Associate to help execute on a smart, targeted digital communications program and win the online narrative on the needs for climate action.
A nimble and sophisticated communications campaign, Climate Power was founded by the League of Conservation Voters, Sierra Club and the Center for American Progress Action Fund in 2020 to build the political will and public support needed for climate action. Climate Power’s coordination of smart, aggressive communications campaigns has proven itself an indispensable part of the climate movement. Our job is to put climate on offense and neutralize the opposition’s attacks. We do it by defining climate change as not only an existential threat that we must address but a huge opportunity to move beyond fossil fuels and into a clean energy economy that creates jobs and lowers costs. We partner closely with allies to leverage our collective power. We coordinate paid and earned communications to move proven climate messages to policymakers, voters, and the press. We bring proven political campaign tactics to climate advocacy fights.
- Work with the Digital Communications Director and broader digital team to drive content, engagement, and rapid response strategies for Climate Power’s Twitter, website, and other opinion-maker focused properties.
- Lead on daily drafting of planned content across platforms and manage content calendars.
- Schedule posts across social platforms in collaboration with the digital communications and digital engagement teams.
- Respond to breaking news or news of the day and engage with partners on specific platforms when beneficial.
- Identify rapid response opportunities that allow Climate Power to insert itself into key national moments and drive online conversations.
- Cover and clip events and rapid response moments for timely distribution.
- Collaborate with Climate Power’s creative team to generate visual and video products for distribution across platforms, including website and social media properties
- Act as the main point of contact for website updates, including landing pages and Advisory Board updates.
- Develop plans, draft copy, and prepare creative requests for live-streamed events.
- Assist with pulling and compiling analytics reports and other research projects, as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 1 or more years of work or relevant volunteer experience in communications, digital communications, or social media strategy.
- Ability to communicate complicated ideas in simple terms; excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- An instinct for what resonates with audiences online and a perspective on how to win hearts and minds on the need for climate action.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; you should have an eagle-eye for typos and errors.
- Ability to manage tasks and workflow and work within the team to meet deadlines; strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work closely with teams across disciplines; ability to work as part of a team; you should be able to prioritize multiple projects moving at different speeds in a fast-moving environment
- Self-motivated ability to solve complex problems in an innovative, effective, and timely manner.
- An interest in digital communications, social media strategy, and how to move opinion leaders’ hearts and minds on the fight against climate change.
- Commitment to win the politics of the climate fight.
- Experience with social media analytics software and/or social listening tools is a plus.
- Familiarity with video clipping software (Snapstream, etc) is a plus.
$56,000 - $66,696 a year
$26.92 - $32.07 per hour, based upon experience
$56,000- $66,696.90 (annually)
This full time exempt position reports to Climate Power’s Director of Digital Communications.
Pay for this position is commensurate with experience and responsibilities. The salary range for this position starts at $56,000. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) plan, student loan repayment assistance, and generous paid time off.
Climate Power and Climate Power Education Fund are fiscally sponsored projects of Fund for a Better Future (FBF and Resources Legacy Fund (RLF). RLF and FBF are an equal opportunity employers and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation. We are committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination, where all team members feel valued, respected, and included. We know that our work is enriched by the varied voices and perspectives of every staff and board member, so we are committed to making an earnest effort to recruit, welcome, train, develop, and retain talented individuals from diverse backgrounds. We believe that a diverse and inclusive culture expands our creative capacity to do our work and achieve greater outcomes for people and the natural world. Learn more about RLF’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion on our website.