Full Time /
About Climate Power
Climate Power is a strategic communications organization focused on winning the politics of climate. We’re educating Americans about our climate progress, highlighting how clean energy investments benefit local communities, and holding Big Oil accountable for polluting our air and water. We use data-backed messages to pave a path for bold action and shine a light on the price of ignoring the climate crisis would cost our health, economy, and future generations.
It’s our job to tell the story of how climate action and clean energy investment are rebuilding our economy, lowering energy costs, and protecting our planet for future generations. We call out disinformation from bad actors like the Big Oil lobby, and make the climate stakes real for voters.
Learn more about our organization and work here: Climate Power: We’re GROWING!
About This Role
This is a full-time position to support the development and executive departments in their fundraising efforts.
- Responsible for administrative tasks, including updating and organizing spreadsheets, databases, and files.
- Research fundraising prospects.
- Create and manage calendars of fundraising activities and track grant reporting deadlines.
- Help coordinate grant proposals and reports as needed.
- Attend and support occasional client calls as needed, take notes, and support scheduling.
- Prepare written materials, including draft emails, briefing memos, and presentations.
- Support principals in scheduling, travel logistics, and task management.
- Assist with event planning and preparation.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned as need and capacity dictate.
- 1 year of experience working in fundraising for a non-profit advocacy organization, political organization, or electoral campaign.
- Works effectively with diverse groups of people, communities, and partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines without sacrificing the quality of work.
- Eager and quick to learn, with a track record of being a self-starter.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Workplace.
- Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software.
- Experience working in roles related to federal politics and/or climate and environmental policy.
If you don’t meet all of the requirements and believe you’re a good fit, we absolutely encourage you to apply, but be sure to uplift all experience that aligns with both our essential and desired qualifications.
Location & Hours of Operations
- Climate Power is a remote-first organization based in DC. This position can be located anywhere in the U.S., but must be able to work Monday - Friday 9 am - 6 pm EST, plus weekends and evenings as the work dictates.
- Climate Power offers a competitive compensation package including experience-based salary (please ensure that all relevant experience is included on your resume) and comprehensive benefits, including the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurances 100% paid for employee 50% for their dependents
- Unlimited Paid Time off, including every other Friday and extended summer, fall, and winter breaks
- 401(k) with 5% match
- Education Assistance, including student loan repayment program
- Sabbatical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly Tech Allowance
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Work From Home Stipend, for home office furniture
- Employee Wellness & Treat Yourself Funds
$56,000 - $66,696.90 a year
Compensation is based on experience. Please ensure that your resume lists all relevant experience for salary considerations.
Our Hiring Process & Timeline
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and will continue to interview until the position is filled (posting will remain up until position filled).
An ideal start date would be before or by March 19, 2024.
Our interview process generally involves 3 rounds of interviews, ranging in length from 30-60 minutes. All interviews will be conducted via Google Meets or Zoom. Successful candidates that move forward in the hiring process, will be invited to complete a skills assessment activity (for which they will receive compensation) and will undergo a vetting process, including reference and background check to ensure cultural and political alignment.
Accessibility & Accommodation Requests
Climate Power is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation.
Additionally, Climate Power is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Climate Power will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations for the interview and hiring process.
If reasonable accommodation is needed in the interview process, please email@example.com.
Requests for updates in the hiring/interview process or other solicitations, should not be sent to this email.