Washington, DC /
About Climate Power
Climate Power is an independent strategic communications and paid media operation focused on building the political will and public support for bold climate action. Founded by the Center for American Progress Action Fund, League of Conservation Voters, and Sierra Club, Climate Power integrates hard-hitting research, polling, state and national earned media, digital and paid media to influence the national conversation, embolden leaders to take immediate, bold climate action, and expose climate deniers and their oil and gas lobby allies.
About This Role
Climate Power has an immediate opening for a Research Associate to help the Research team highlight the importance of climate and clean energy investments, sell the benefits of climate action, and block efforts to dismantle climate progress. The Research Associate is a member of Climate Power’s Research Department and will support the team’s daily operations.
Entry level position, where employees spend a
substantial portion of time on administrative
tasks; Daily guidance on priorities from
supervisor; more substantive work may be
assigned depending on team needs and
employee abilities; Requires a general
Location & Hours of Operations
Climate Power is a remote first organization based in DC. This position can be located anywhere in the U.S., but must be able to work Monday - Friday 9 am - 6 pm EST, plus weekends and evenings as the work dictates.
- Current Events Monitoring: The Research Associate will be responsible for daily monitoring of and summarizing news about extreme weather events. The Associate will also assist the team with monitoring needs during rapid-response moments.
- General Research Responsibilities: The Research Associate will assist team members with general research tasks, including database entry and maintenance and gathering quotes and other background information.
- Cross Departmental Collaboration: As a member of the Research Department, the Associate will collaborate with and respond to research questions from other Climate Power teams, including Communications and Digital.
- Responsibilities: The Research Associate will vet storytellers, speakers, or other partners to prevent reputational risks to the organization.
- Research Content Creation: The Research Associate will help gather facts and write research bullets for reports and other research products, as directed by the Deputy Research Director.
- Administrative Tasks: The Research Associate will assist the Deputy Research Director and Managing Director with administrative tasks, including updating project trackers and ongoing Google Drive organization.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned as need and capacity dictate.
- 1 year of experience working for a congressional office, non-profit advocacy organization, or electoral campaign is preferred.
- Works effectively with a diverse group of people, communities, and partners.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of work.
- Ability to communicate information in a clear, compelling manner, be it verbally, graphically, or in writing.
- Works well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Workplace.
- Some experience with campaign finance databases and LexisNexis.
- Understanding of environmental and climate justice issues.
If you don’t meet all of the requirements and believe you’re a good fit, we absolutely encourage you to apply, but be sure to uplift all experience that aligns with both our essential and desired qualifications.
Our Values: We are...
Our Norms: We work to..
- Set everyone up for success
- Treat all team members with respect.
- Seek, accept, and provide feedback consistently.
- Trust our/your teammates
- Step up, Step back
- Take care of each other.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurances, 100% paid for employee 50% for their dependents
- Unlimited Paid Time off, including every other Friday and extended summer, fall, and winter breaks
- Education Assistance, including tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs
- Sabbatical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tech Allowance
- Employee Wellness & Treat Yourself Funds
This list is not exhaustive.
$56,000 - $66,696.90 a year
Climate Power's salary bands are experienced based. Experience on resume should be specific to the position for which you are applying and list experience chronologically, including month, year, and brief description of the work held.
Our Hiring Timeline and Process
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and will continue to interview until the position is filled. An ideal start date would be before or by October 31, 2023.
Our interview process will involve 3 rounds of interviews, ranging in length from 30-60 minutes. All interviews will be conducted via Google Meets or Zoom. Successful candidates that move forward in the hiring process, may be invited to complete a skills assessment activity and will undergo a vetting process, including reference and background check to ensure cultural and political alignment.
Climate Power is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation.
Additionally, Climate Power is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Climate Power will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations for the interview and hiring process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact Nzinga West, Climate Power’s Chief of People & Culture, at firstname.lastname@example.org.